Chapter 5

This one is quite short, but the next one is much Longer! 

Disclaimer: I do not own PJO or HOO (Sadly) 

Annabeth

"So who are you going out with?" she asked ,

"Oh. Percy Jackson," I replied casually. She laughed at this,

"That's impossible!" she said

"And why's that?"

"Because Percy Jackson belongs to me,"

"Excuse me?" I asked glaring at Charlotte.

"You heard me," said Charlotte smugly just before the bell rang, giving Charlotte the excuse to get up and leave. 

I stood up and put my book in my bag and made my way to my locker. I grabbed my Maths book from it and made my way to Ms. Matalan's classroom, which I had gotten directions to before I left homeroom. 

Maths was pretty boring. 

Ms. Matalan made us put all of our stuff at the front so that we couldn't cheat on some boring test that the Athena cabin would have laughed at. We sat down and I took the pencil that I kept stuck through my ponytail. After about ten minutes of silence, I walked up to Miss Matalan's desk,

"Is there something wrong, dear?" She asked me when I stood in front of her desk,

"No miss, I'm finished," I replied. She laughed making many students look up from their papers,

"I doubt that. Why don't you sit down and re-check it?"

"No, Miss. I'm finished," I replied definitively. To my horror, she looked me up and down and smirked.

I slapped my test on her desk before swiftly walking away and sitting down, most eyes following me. Ms. Matalan had picked up my test and began marking it, the smirk slowly melting off of her face.

"Come here," I heard Ms. Matalan say. I looked up to see her staring at me. I marched to the front of the class.

"Get your things and follow me," said Ms. Matalan. 

Oh great,  I thought. My first day, and I'm already paying a visit to the principal's office. 

I quickly grabbed my bag before following her out of the classroom. We walked in silence. 

I saw the plaque on one of the doors, indicating the principal's office. I slowed when I saw it, expecting Ms. Matalan to stop, but she just continued to walk. I followed her, a little confused.

Finally, we stopped outside another classroom. Ms. Matalan knocked on the door and entered the room. I followed her nervously. Inside, thirty kids sat hunched over their desks, working silently.

"Hello, Ms. Matalan, how can I help you?" said the teacher standing at the board.

"Miss Gumap, this is Annabeth Chase," Said Ms. Matalan as she gestured to me, "She had just completed the set one post test in ten minutes, with all correct answers," Was it me, or was there a note of excitement hidden in her voice?

"How do you know that she didn't cheat?" asked the woman called Miss Gumap,

"I took all of their belongings off of them before the test," said Ms. Matalan. Miss Gumap smiled, apparently satisfied with this answer.

"Hello Annabeth," said Miss Gumap, turning to me, "I'd like you to take one of these tests and sit down at the back of the classroom. Now, we are a year ahead so if you find it a bit tricky don't worry,"

I stared blankly at her. They were moving me up a year? I didn't mind. I was happy if anything. I took a test and a seat, and began to work. 

The questions were harder than the last ones, but they were still easy. Oh well, I'll take what I can get. I dropped the test off a few minutes before the bell rang and went to the back of my room to get my things. 

When the bell rang, I went up to Miss Gumap and asked for directions to my next class - English. I was really dreading it. I thanked her and went to leave when she said,

"Oh, and Annabeth," I turned around, "Nice test score," 

I smiled and weaved my way through the hall. When I bumped into someone.

"Morgan?"

As it turned out, I didn't need the directions to English. I spent the rest of the day begin shown around the school by Morgan - as he should. 

Do you like the ending? Sorry that she bumped into Morgan and not Percy, but that part i coming soon!