Chapter 8

Disclaimer: I do NOT own PJO or HOO

As promised, this chapter is a lot longer than the others so enjoy! : ) 

Annabeth

When I got out of school, I went straight to the hotel. I had a tonne of homework to do and I thought I better do it while I had no distractions to stop me (A.K.A: Percy). I sat on the floor, sorting through my folders, putting them into piles. 

I got out Daedalus' laptop and loaded it up. When I put it to the side, I nearly jumped out of my skin. Behind where the laptop screen had been, was a shining mist and Sally Jackson's face. She chuckled when she saw me jump.

"Hi Sally," I said,

"Hey Annabeth. Sorry for making you jump," she said, but she was still laughing,

"That's okay. How are you?" I asked,

"I'm okay," she replied, "Have you seen Percy yet?" I shook my head,

"Not yet. We're not in the same home room or maths class, and I didn't go to any of my other classes because I was being shown around by the guide," Sally smiled. I loved how easy it was to talk to her.

"Well, I thought that you might like to see him again in private, so why don't you come over today, bring all of your stuff and you can stay with us," I blushed,

"Will you mind? I don't want to intrude," I mumbled,

"Oh, honey, don't be ridiculous. You can stay in the-" some one cut her off

"Mum," called a familiar voice. My heart skipped a beat.

"-Spare room, I've got it all set up for you," she finished. She looked at me with wide eyes,

"Percy," she called, a note of anticipation to her voice.

"I'm here, he called back,

"You can come over whenever you want. I have to go!" she whispered, and swiped her hand across my face. Her image disappeared. I sat there in silence, smiling to myself. I was going to see Percy.

I leapt up from the floor and threw my clothes into my bags. My stomach was swarming with butterflies as I packed everything up. 

I picked up my suitcase and all of my homework. Before I left the room, I checked myself in the mirror - something that I had never done in my life before, ever. 

I didn't think I looked too bad. I still had my sea green blouse and faded blue jeans along with my grey ankle boots and his jersey. I was practically skipping as I pushed the button on the elevator. It opened and as I leapt in, I bumped into someone,

"Aiden," I said, surprised,

"Hey," he replied. He was leaning against the side of the elevator, "You leaving?"

"Yeah, I'm moving in with someone," I felt my face heating up, and a smile creeping across my face, "Are you staying?" I was confused. He'd told me that he wasn't.

"Um... no, I was actually coming to see... you," he mumbled at the floor.

"Oh," was my clever response. There was an awkward silence as the elevator descended. All that could be heard was the crinkling of paper as I checked that I had all of my homework. It felt like eternity before the elevator finally opened and I stepped out. 

Ah, sweet relief. Just as I was headed for the door, Aiden stopped me. I turned around,

"What's up Aiden? Is there something that you'd like to tell me that you couldn't tell me during the minute long elevator ride?" I asked sceptically. I didn't mean for it to come out so snappish, but I really  wanted to see Percy.