Red Week

Raven's POV

I leaned my head against the window of Ash's car. The sunlight outside was giving me a headache. Who in their right mind got up so damn early? God I hated school.

"Do we have to go today? Can't we stay home and watch TV?"

I turned to look at Ash, who was driving, only to see him smile at Aries.

"What's so funny?"

"Nice. Not funny, but nice. You said 'home'. Not 'the house' or 'your house' but 'home'. Can we take it as you liking it here?"

"Here as in the car at seven in the morning? No. I hate it here. But if you mean being with you guys, and living in your house with you...Then I refuse to make a comment about that. After all, if I wait long enough, you guys become my slaves right?"

"Oh come on Rei! That's not fair, you already said it."

"Really? I don't remember that. If I can't remember, then it never happened," I said with a smile before looking out the window.

To tell the truth, I really couldn't remember if I had told them or not, but I was going to milk it for all it was worth. They would have to work really hard for the next "I love you" if indeed I had said it. They wanted to play their game, so I was so going to play mine. I smiled as I watched the world go by, thinking about how much I wanted a chocolate cake.

*TIME SKIP*

When third period finally ended and it was time for lunch, I didn't want to move. I should have known, I really should have. Chocolate cravings. The red alarm for the Red Week. That's what my old friend Cassidy use to call it. Red Week. Red Week was a bad week for girls, god everyone knew that. Cass always said the more red you have, the worse the week was. SInce I was a red head, I was double trouble.

So not only did I not bring tampons, I also didn't bring motrin. Which mean't I has going to be a bitch for the rest of the day. Just my luck.

A presence appeared to my right and swooped in for a kiss.

"Hello sweetheart. Miss me."

"No Aries. It was only one period."

I cringed at the word but in truth, I had missed him. But I was in pain and didn't want to play nicey nicey. I wanted to go around with devil horns and smack people. I couldn't do that however, it being against school rules, so I opted for lashing out at those around me. Why did I have to wear white pants today?

"You didn't," came Aries's hurt sounding reply.

"Didn't what?"

"She didn't miss us," Aries told Ash.

I slammed my locker shut and went off toward the lunch room. Footstepps came from behind me and hands curled around my waist, resting there, and keeping me from moving.

"What's wrong sweetheart," asked Ash's voice in my ear. God. If he kept doing that, I might not need motrin, he got rid of the pain with one sentence. I moved an inch and grimaced. Nope. He only masked it for a second.

"Nothing is wrong Ash. Now let go of me."

"No. Not till you tell me what's going on."

"Nothing."

I heard sniffing and then a sigh.

"Oh. Is it that time of the month."

I turned and slapped him.

"No! It most certainly is not that-"

"Need I remind you I am a werewolf. We have a keen sense of smell. So unless you cut yourself, I'm betting it's that time of the month and you forgot a tampon."