A Place In This World

Raven's POV

I was walking away from the gym when Jenny called to me. With a smile at Ash and Aries, I walked over to her.

"You did really well. I can usually win every one of those fights and yet you beat me."

"It was luck, and if you were a werewolf, I wouldn't have won."

"When did you figure it out?"

"As soon as you hit me. I figured any werewolf would have ended me right then and there. My dad hits harder, and I know he isn't a werewolf."

Jenny nodded and stuck out a hand.

"Friends?"

I hugged her.

"Sorry. I'm not much of a shake person. Friends."

"Call me Jenny. My real name is Jennifer but I prefer Jenny."

"Good. Because I've already been calling you Jenny in my head."

"I've been calling you bitch so..."

I started laughing as Jenny covered her mouth and looked shocked at herself. Soon, Jenny joined in and we were laughing together like we had been friends longer than a minute and a half.

Ash came over and hugged me close, obviously not happy with Jenny talking to me.

"It's okay Ash. I've forgiven her."

Ash shook his head, "Females. I don't get them. One minute, they are at each others throats, and the next, they're laughing like long lost friends."

I patted Ash's cheek and nodded.

"That pretty much sums it up."

"Hey. Come on Ash. Hurry up. I wanna milkshake."

Ash turned to me and whispered in my ear, "Vanilla?"

"How did you know," I asked, shivering as his breath brushed my ear and neck.

"I guessed."

"Good guess."

Jenny asked for strawberry and then tugged me away from Ash saying something along the lines of "You don't need her around all the time. You can get your milkshakes without your mate being by your side all the time."

Aries grumbled something but I was too far away to hear. Jenny laughed and flicked him the finger before pulling me to the park and sitting with me under a willow tree.

"So what are you doing here if you're a human?"

"My mate is here."

"Wait a minute. What? You challenged me to a duel when you already have a mate. Then what was the challenge for?"

"Anyone in the pack can challenge you to see if you're worthy enought to become their mate. I did it because anyone else, except for a few other human mates, would have probably killed you and I liked you're pretty little face too much for that."

"Pretty my ass. I'm sure its bruised all over again. And the bruises from last time had just started to stop hurting. Thanks."

"Girl. You bruised me too."

Just then the blonde from the kitchen came over and plopped down next to Jenny.

"Hey sweetheart. Heard you lost. To who?"

"The girl sitting right next to me."

He looked over at me and I smiled shyly. "Please don't kill me."

"I won't. My name is Lucas by the way. Sorry I never introduced myself before."

"Nice to meet you Lucas."

Lucas nodded and pulled Jenny into him, so she was facing me, but leaning into him. Ash came over with a strawberry milkshake and handed it over to Jenny. Then he handed me a vanilla one and plopped down next to me, pulling me into him, like Lucas had done with Jenny. Aries came over balancing three milkshakes. He passed a chocolate looking one over to Lucas and sat down with a blueberry one in his hand and an oreo cookie one to Ash. Ash was about to grab it when I took the straw and sipped it.

"Dang. That's better than the ones at McDonalds. I'll be gettig those too."

Ash didn't say a word, just took my drink and took a sip before passing it back. I took a sip of mine, grinning, as Aries moved my legs and sat down. I just flung them over his and he smiled at me. I held out my shake to him and looked at his. He smiled and took mine, handing me his. The blueberry flavor was amazing and I ended up taking two sips before handing it back.

Jenny smiled and held hers out. I reached for it when Ash plucked mine away from me and took a sip.

"No kissing."

"It's sharing a drink Ash. Not kissing."

"No."

I rolled my eyes at Jenny and she smiled back at me. I leaned back into Ash and sighed. For the first time in a very long time, I had a place in the world. It wasn't in the human world, it was in this werewolf worold but I didn't care. I felt whole and complete. And as Ash, Lucas, Jenny, and Aries were talking about the fight and other stuff, I finished my milkshake and sat, soaking in the sun. Slowly, with the mixture of the soothing warmth of the sun and the calming lilt of voices talking, I fell asleep with one thought. 

I had a place in this world.

Sorry for the short chapter. Really short chapter, but I had to clarify the most important thing. Jenny isn't actually a werewolf. Love you all. If you have ideas or suggestions, put them in the comments.