The Start of Our Journey!

~A/N; Whenever pokemon are talking it'll be like this ("Hello").~
---------------------------------------------------------------
Every time a child turns ten, they go on a Pokémon journey. This is the case of a young girl named Ashley Ketchum nicknamed Ash, who's ready to start her journey together with her starter Pokémon. A female Pikachu named Elektra, nicknamed Elly.

In the Kano Region, lives a peaceful and quiet little community known as Pallet Town. And where our heroine lives as she was watching a pokemon battle between a Nidorino and Gengar that's broadcasted on the television. After Gengar gets the advantage, the trainer, however, calls back their Nidorino and switches it for an Onix. Since Poison-type pokemon are weak against other Poison-types, Ground, Rock, Ghost, and Steel-attributed Pokemon.

"A great strategic advantage, don't you think so Elly?" Ten-year-old Ashley Ketchum questioned her partner/best friend pokemon as the two were watching the televised pokemon battle in her bedroom.

("So true.") The female electric-mouse pokemon agreed with her trainer. The battle seemed to be heating up, that is until an interruption was made.

"Ashley Ketchum what are you and Elektra doing up this late at night?!" Delia Ketchum, Ashley's mother who owns/runs an establishment called Cafe Mix, questioned her daughter realizing the two should already be in bed.

"Gah!"/("Ah!") Ashley and Elly screamed in shock.

"It's eleven o'clock, and you two should be asleep," Delia responded as she held Ash's alarm clock that looks like a mini Voltorb/pokemon

"Sorry about that mom. Elly and I are just too excited about tomorrow that we couldn't sleep." Ashley responded with a sheepish smile.

"I know. You're going to be an official Pokemon Trainer. Nevertheless, why don't you instead watch this documentary that was made for tomorrow." Delia sighed as she changed the channel.

For now, the t.v. showcased a program with Professor Oak describing the three starter Pokémon that trainers from the Kanto Region can choose for tomorrow morning: the grass-type Bulbasaur, the water-type Squirtle, and the fire-type Charmander.