The Path to the Pokémon League

-----------------------------------------------------------
After receiving two badges, Ashley, Misty, Brock, and Elektra are on their way to Vermilion City. That is until a male trainer appears and asks Ashley if she will battle him and Ashley agrees.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"Pidgeotto, finish it!"

"Oh! Rattata!" The Trainer cried as Pidgeotto's final attack guaranteed Ashley's win in the match.

"You're a really great Pokemon Trainer." The young boy complimented Ashley after the battle was over.

"I do my best," Ashley said with blushed cheeks.

"I bet that you could even beat A.J.!" The Trainer continued to praise Ashley's charisma.

"Who's A.J?"

"A savage Pokemon Trainer. He even built his own gym and never lost a single match."

"Well, what about you guys?"

"Sure, why not."

"I'm a bit curious myself."
-----------------------------------------------------------

"-----------------------------------------------------------

"I wonder if the Gym will be official once this A.J. guy makes his hundredth win?"

"Still, ninety-eight wins in a row. That's pretty impressive."

"Are you my next victim?" Said the Savage Trainer himself.

"You must be A.J. My name's Ashley Ketchum, and I would like to battle you."

"That's my job, but beating chumps like you is my hobby. Ready to lose?"

"Save the insults for the battle." And so, all four went through the entrance as one of A.J.'s Pokemon, a Butterfree, came to carry his backpack away.

's Pokemon, a Butterfree, came to carry his backpack away

"What's in the bag?"

"The wild Pokemon I just caught. There's a whole bunch more in the tent, and then some."

"Can I see them after the match?"

"If you want. So, which Pokemon are you gonna choose for my ninety-ninth win?"