Showdown in Pewter City!

-------------------------------------------------------------
Continuing her quest to become the world's greatest Pokemon Trainer, Ashley and Misty finally arrive at Pewter City. Where our young heroine aims to win her first Gym Badge.
-------------------------------------------------------------
"Pewter City is gray, the color of a stone. This town has always been famous for stone." Said an old man.

"Hello Sir, my name's Ashley. Do you happen to live in Pewter City by any chance?"

 Do you happen to live in Pewter City by any chance?"

"The name's Flint. And yes, I do live in Pewter City as I sell its souvenir rocks. Want to buy some?"

"No thank you. I'm planning to go to the Pokemon Center and then battle the Rock-type Gym Leader."

"Why don't you follow me then, I know the way," Flint said, now acting as their guide.
-------------------------------------------------------------
After arriving at the Pokemon Center, they meet the Nurse Joy of Pewter City who recognizes Ashley. And that's when Nurse Joy tells Ashley and Misy that she knows about them after talking to her little sister in Viridian City. (The like-a-likes of Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny around the Pokemon world are difficult to know who's who!)

While Ashley's Pokemon were given their check-up, she spotted a poster advertising the regional championships.

"I can't wait. I'll earn as many badges as I can to enter."

"So, you were serious in battling against Brock, the Pewter City Gym Leader."

"Of course I am Flint. My Pokemon and I have been relentlessly training for this moment so we can beat him."

However, Flint begins to laugh after listening to Ashley's confidence before walking away.
-------------------------------------------------------------
"Do you think you can win, Ash?" Misty asked as she and Ashley were having lunch at the Pokemon Center's cafeteria.

"I know that Gym Leaders are different from everyday Pokemon Trainers. It's not just from how tough they are. It's also because of them being the highest-ranking member and owner of an official Pokémon Gym. And Gym Leaders will only specialize in one specific type of Pokémon and will also have their gym designed to fit the environment of that specific type. Gym leaders use their gyms and their Pokémon to test the skills of trainers that challenge them, and if said trainers win a battle, the Gym Leader will give them a badge that's unique to that specific gym. If a trainer wins the minimum required amount of badges for a specific region's Pokémon League Conference, that's eight, they're eligible to compete. They also have the chance to battle the region's Elite Four. There are a total of eight Gym Leaders in each region, usually, all eight gym leaders in a region will specialize in a different type of Pokémon."

"Wow. You really know your stuff." Misty says impressed.

"I'm a very studious person. Especially if it's anything Pokemon related."

And so, after Ashley's Pokemon were in top condition, the girls walked towards the Pewter Gym. However, Elektra had detected a familiar smell in the air and rushed off.