Dylan

💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨

💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨

Dylan (Next-Day)

I have been wanting to talk to my dad for a long time. Although I live with him in one of the houses the military provides inside the station, I rarely get to see him.

He and I have been a duo since I was just 4 years old. He raised me on his own. Mom left the day he found out my mom was falling in love with someone else.

Needless to say, it got messy. Not because he found out, but because the same person dad trusted as a friend, was the same person mom was having an affair with. She was sleeping with dad's best friend.

She was pissed off when he confronted her as if it was dad's fault. She grabbed her stuff that same day and left.

The guy dad trusted as a friend, left along with her. I was too small to comprehend at the time, but I accept it, no matter. She was someone else's problem now.

Dad had a one-night stand gone wrong with my mom. But he was too much of a gentleman to leave her with a baby inside. I was about thirteen when he had the guts to talk to me. I found out he was suffering from PTSD, but I kind of already knew. He wasn't like any other man, he was profound, more willing to listen and talk to me about anything I had in mind. But he'd break down now and then. He would shut himself off from the world.

I always saw him as a brave man, though I could tell that at night times, from time to time, he still broke down. He'd break silently from behind his closed door. He tried to act bravely in front of me. But he didn't have to, I KNEW, HE was a brave man. The bravest I've met in my entire life.

It wasn't until I was around 14 when I came up to him and told him that I was gay. I had a boyfriend at the time and just two months after I told him, I was left heartbroken as well. He had broken my heart when he announced to me he was moving across the world from me to Osaka, Japan.

I experienced my first heartbreak in Michigan when dad was stationed out there to train a group of recruits. Dad was my only rock to lean on, each time I felt broken, he was there for me.

I decided to invite him for an early dinner today since he will be back on duty tomorrow morning. He's been working overtime, allowing himself little time to think or rest.

We made our way to the bistro inside a vineyard in town. Not sure if I got it right. There are two vineyards here, one owned by the Mitchell's, and the newest one from what I've heard, owned by Sophie's parents.

We made our way inside and sat at a table near the middle. He looked nervous, but not as nervous as I was. He knew that if I was inviting him here, it had to be something important.

He grabbed the napkin and placed it in his lap. When the waiter came, he ordered a glass of Merlot and a Dr. Pepper for me. We waited to order our food since we were unsure of what we'd have.

"So, what's on your mind sport? I know you didn't bring me out here just to chit-chat. What's going on buddy?" His low husky voice sounded through my eagerness and nerves.

I smiled and took a long sip from my drink using the straw that sat on top of the cup. He placed his elbows on the table and intertwined his fingers looking at me with a smile.

"Come on now? I know you're not getting nervous about me now, are you? You can talk to me about anything son, you know that."

"I know dad, I'm just nervous for some reason. I know you've always been there for me. You're the best dad and the best friend a guy could have, you know that?" I lowered my gaze, placing my hands on my lap and pursing my lips.

"Dylan? Is this about a boy? Let me guess, it's that boy with the hummer that came to pick you up yesterday, isn't it?" My eyes widened, and if I wasn't feeling the wreck of nerves in full bloom before? I sure as hell am now!

"H-how can you tell?" I asked making him grin. "I could see the way your face lit up the second the boys called me letting us know they were at the check-in gate. So, am I right?"

I closed my eyes, shrugged my shoulders low. "I got it bad for him dad, but I can't do anything about it. I don't think he's a gay dad. He seems like any normal guy. Masculine, well-built, husky voice, everything I'd wish on a man. But-"

"But what buddy? Why don't you just talk to him? It can't be that hard, can it?" He placed his hands down and ran a hand through his cheeks and chin.

"It's complicated pops, we have a really good friendship going on right now. What if I-"

"Fuck it up?" He tilts his head and replies in a low-toned voice.

"Yeah," I answer as my gaze looks towards the bouquet neatly arranged on the table.

"Dylan, do you remember the first time you joined a football team? You were scared shitless. You scored a touchdown on the opposite team." He chuckled nodding his head, " You worried everyone was going to hate you. You tried to skip practice after that, and what happened?" He looks at me with a stern look.

"Coach went to get me. He said he wouldn't start practice without me. That a fallen player gets back up and keeps playing, to never give up just because of a single mistake."

"That's right. I tell that to my boys too. And what happened when you first tried shooting a gun?"

"I held it wrong, and nearly broke my wrist." I chuckled as my mind reminisced about the day I learned to shoot a gun with dad. He chuckled along with me and threw his head back.

"Oh, man. You were the worst shooter bud. But. . .look at you now! You worked on it, despite your nerves and being scared. You're one of the best now. Better than some of my boys in my infantry." He said making me blush.

"Point is son, you can't let fear keep you from something your heart desires. If you like this boy, you gotta talk to him. You'll never know how he feels unless you take that chance son."

He was right. My stomach fluttered as I thought to myself how, and when I'd come up to Troy and confess to him how I felt. The worst that could happen, was him punching me in the face. But I won't know unless I take a chance.

Dad and I ate contently with each other's company. We laughed and talked for a long time, not paying any attention to the time passing by.

When we had finished our food, we ordered our favorite chocolate cake and coffee for both. When we were in the middle of our cake, he confessed to me that he was starting to like someone too.

💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨

There was a lady that volunteered at the office inside his colonel's desk. Her name was Shirley and was two years younger than him. She had a daughter named Joanne and was only 9 years old. She lost her husband serving our country three years ago. She was a nice lady, I've seen her when dad first sent me to give some papers to his colonel.

I was happy for him, and I was hoping things worked out for him. I hoped things worked out for both of us. Dad deserves someone that can bring a smile to him every morning. I just hope that Shirley and Troy are the ones to make us a happy family.

💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨