Maid of Honor and Best Man

**Bonus Chapter** AUTHOR'S NOTE: Please note that this bonus chapter is pretty much a summary of what the sequel will be about. It will seem there are lots of gaps in between and so many unanswered questions, but you will be able to read the in-between soon as I begin posting the sequel. Look for the title in my profile(Still In Love With You)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sophie

"Come Sophie. Who else am I supposed to ask? You're my best friend. Please?" Troy insisted.

"You can ask Lexie. She's your best friend too."

"Ugg, you're so hopeless. Childish and selfish Sophie. How can you say that? Besides, Lexie is already a bridesmaid or groom maid. . . whatever you want to call it. Please, Sophie!" I grunted and closed my eyes in surrender over the phone.

"Oh, you are such a drama queen. Fine, I will be your maid of honor." He screamed with joy over the phone, deafening my ear.

"Who are you talking to?" Nathan asked behind me making me turn towards him.

"Umm, my friend Troy. He's getting married." I said making him nod and walk away. He was too busy watching dumb videos of funny TikToks.

"Ok, I'll be there in a few weeks. You better not make me regret this Michaelson. Seriously. I mean it."

"I promise Sophie, you will not regret coming back to town." He assured me making me sigh.

"You don't even have to worry about any major preparations, my grandma and Dylan's step-mom are taking care of most things." He added making me feel relief.

I'm good at capturing a wedding through pictures, but not organizing one. I was so happy for Troy, he deserves to be happy.

He has gone through so much with Dylan. I'm glad they are still together. Dylan was away for a few years in the marines and studying medicine. They endured the hardship of being away from each other for so long.

I am over the moon happy for them.

There were only two things that scared me to go back there. One- I haven't been back since mom died. Just thinking about her makes a big knot build up in my throat. I miss her so much.

I still remember the long sleepless nights when Nathan was born. It was always her who helped me to ease any doubts about how I was doing as a young mom.

Nathan doesn't remember her much, but I make sure to show him pictures of her all the time. He gets spoiled by his grandpa and his uncles whenever they are down here visiting.

He doesn't know we will be going to Lakeview for Troy's wedding. But to be honest, knowing that Logan just graduated from law school and is working for the firm in New York makes me at ease to go back.

I had been thinking of going back home for good. Lexie and her boyfriend helped me find a nice home for us. It's nothing big, just a three-bedroom for Nathan and me, plus a guestroom for whenever grandpa or his inches want to visit.

I was planning on leaving a few weeks before the wedding, but work has me tired up.

My books are hitting big, Lexie keeps asking me to do a book signing, but I have been putting it off. I'm not sure I'm ready to make myself publicly known.

Nathan and I don't get out much, so I'm taking a road trip with him to Tennessee. From there, I will be picking up Lexie at the airport and driving to her parent's ranch.

Hopefully, by then, our home will be ready for us to move in. I'm ready to settle down. I'm done with dating and trying to find my happily ever after. I'm happy with my life, my career, and most of all, I'm happy being just Nathan and me. He's my whole world.
********