You Are My Comfort Zone

Sophie

After dinner, we all went our separate ways. I missed nights like this; when all was normal and we had no worries but to enjoy our youth.

It seems that the closer we get to graduation, the more real adulthood gets, and by all means, adulthood is not always pretty. I see how stressed out daddy gets helping out mom with her radiation and traveling to and from work every day.

He's so strong. He never complaints about anything. He simply helps and puts on a happy smile. Deep down, I know he's hurting. He's hurting just as mom is, or more.

Logan and I made our way to his car after saying goodbye to our friends and headed to his house. I have spent so little time in his house lately. He's been at my house mainly because he knows I want to be close to mom.

Tonight we will spend the night at his place. Mom had to see her doctor in New York this weekend, so she will be gone for the past three or four days along with dad.

This time, my brothers decided to drag along. So, I'm here by myself for the first time in so long.

I didn't want to be alone at home, just as I know Logan hates the empty feel of Ashley's absence in his house. Everyone can feel the melancholic feel in the air from her absence.

We headed towards his house in his car. The town was quiet since most people were still at the fair. The only sound was of his car engine. I love the roar of his engine. I can never get enough of how cool it sounds.

He parked his car in his driveway, placed it in park, and silenced the engine.

"Are you tired?" He asked, stroking my cheek slowly with the back of his finger.  I turned my body towards him, placing my head against the seat.

"A little. How about you? You walked a lot today, and your ankle is just healing. Are you ok?" I asked him, concerned that he may feel a by of discomfort in the ligaments of his ankle.

He chuckles, looking down. He slowly grabs my hand, takes a quick glimpse at the ring he gave me, and kisses my hand.

"I'm fine baby girl. Now let's go get some rest." He says, gesturing towards his house. I smile and open the door of the car, getting out at the same time as he.

We walk hand in hand towards the door and wait for him to open the door. Once inside, we head straight to the room where I let my body fall right in the middle of his bed.

He chuckled seeing me flop on the bed while he makes his way towards his desk. He quickly places his wallet, keys, and phone on top. His phone vibrates as soon as he places it down, making him grab it.

"Hey Derreck, what's going on?" He responds, scratching the back of his head and clearing his throat.

I'm not quite sure what Derreck is telling him, all I can make out ate the 'ah-hmm,' and the 'right, 'responses from Logan. It makes me antsy to know what's going on. I hope things are going ok with the case.

"Are you serious? He said he'll settle?" Logan responds making my heart raise. I hadn't even realized I was eating my nail like crazy just listening to him.

"What do you mean he wants compensation in exchange? How much?" He adds making me tilt my head to the side and furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

God, I hope he's not trying to take Ash for good and cause collateral damage to Mrs. Spencer's catering business. She has been doing so good, despite this dispute with her ex-husband.

"Son of a bitch. I knew telling him about it would ruin me one day."

Derreck continues to speak, Logan places his hand on his hip as he begins to pace from one side of the room to the other.