Rehab

TW: mention of suicide attempt, self harm, car accident

The next morning:

You are so excited when you wake up in the morning, although it is only 7am the sun is just rising finally you are able to leave to rehab. You have no idea how you can be excited for rehab but you just are because you are going there with your friend Wilhemina or Crush? who knows. As you make your way to the bathroom you decide to shower and change into some of the clothes that Miss Stevens has given to you. As the warm water runs over your scars you are reminded of your past and some negative thoughts slip your mind but you decide to not let them get to you. You put on some of the jeans she gave you, a hoodie and the blue jacket she left. As you pack all your things you enjoy one last breakfast meal and on your way downstairs you thank some of the nurses who cared for you and they wished you good luck on your way. As you press the button to the floor up you are so excited to see Wilhemina.

Meanwhile one floor above:

Wilhemina also wakes up considerably early and she decides to not use her wheelchair today. With the help of Dr. Lange and the nurses she managed to walk confidently with her cane and she wants it to be somewhat of a surprise when you meet her at the elevator later. With some help from the nurses Wilhemina showers and puts on some purple trousers and matching sweater and jacket. She enjoys her breakfast while seeing the pretty sky outside, she can't wait to get out of this hospital and go to rehab with you and actually learn how to do things on herself again like showering. As she packs her stuff she thanks the nurses, well Wilhemina style anyway and walks to the elevator. As she sees the little arrow going up her heart skips a beat. The door opens and you see Wilhemina standing there you can't believe your eyes for a second and step closer to her ''Oh my god you can walk?'' you ask surprised. Wilhemina nods proudly and walks towards you. Automatically your hands move to her arms trying to help her but with her cane she is quite confident so you remove your arms feeling a bit embarrassed. You take her bag and you both make your way downstairs. At the front desk there is a driver waiting for you and a few other patients leaving to the rehab facility today. You sit next to Wilhemina and on the way there you keep staring at her. Thankfully she is looking out the window and can't notice and if she did you would say you are simply enjoying the scenery. Although Wilhemina didn't say anything she did see you stare at her and she likes the attention from you.

After about half an hour into the drive, you feel incredibly sleepy and you rest your head on the seat. Whenever you would sleep you don't notice what is going on around you anymore and you have no idea your head is currently softly resting on Wilhemina's left shoulder. It doesn't hurt her back or anything but her heart feels strange when she sees you there sleeping peacefully. She doesn't wanna wake you and simply carries on looking at the trees and roads outside. After another half an hour you finally arrive at the facility and Wilhemina wakes you up carefully. As you realize your head was resting on her shoulder your face goes bright red and you feel so embarrassed. Wilhemina simply chuckles, which only makes you more nervous. You help her get out and carry her bag inside the main hall. The facility is huge and you see signs for an outdoor area, spa area, therapy rooms, group rooms and many more. You both wait with the others patiently until an older woman with grey hair and blue eyes appears. ''Hello my name is Dr. Jane Lawrence and I will be guiding you here on your journey. I will read names now and you will follow the nurse'' she says and looks at a list on a clipboard. She says a few names and the people follow some nurses down different corridors. This feels more like a vacation already than a facility to get better you think to yourself. ''Finally Miss Venable and Y/L/N please follow me'' she says and you take Wilhemina's and your bag and follow the woman. She takes you through a corridor with grey walls and it reminds you of the hospital again. She shows you to a common room with some tables and a kitchen attached where you would eat the meals, as you pass a wooden door she explains this is her office where you would have some meetings with her. She also shows a physical therapy room with different exercises where Wilhemina would slowly regain some strength again in her back. Finally she shows you to your rooms and you both have a room next to each other which makes you so excited. ''Neighbors'' you whisper to Wilhemina and she just smiles and slightly shakes her head. ''I see you two know each other then'' Dr. Lawrence says pointing at me holding Mina's bag. ''Oh yes we actually have come from the same hospital'' Wilhemina explains and Dr. Lawrence nods. She shows you both to your rooms, they are both the same a little window (yours has got chains on it), a bed, a table and some books on a bookshelf to read. She explains lunch will start at 12 and then you will be given your schedules. As you put Wilhemina's bag on her bed you ask if she needs anything and she shakes her head telling you to start unpacking in your room. You close her door and enter yours, you can't believe all the coincidences that happened with you and Wilhemina being Neighbors and being in this place together. It looks really nice and you decide to check out some of the books on the shelf. To your surprise you haven't read any of them and start reading the first one after unpacking.