Rehab Part II

TW: suicide attempt, self harm, substance abuse

As you wake up the next morning you don't feel like going to your second therapy session, Dr. Lawrence would probably ask a lot of questions like why you left dinner yesterday and why the nurses saw you and Mina talk for a long time in the evening. You roll your eyes as you get dressed and as the fabric of your clothes run over your fresh scars you flinch a bit and regret doing that again yesterday. You are glad that you opened up to Wilhemina last night and you are surprised she reacted so understanding and that she didn't shout at you or told you how stupid you are because thats how people used to treat you. As you make your way to Dr. Lawrence's office you are glad that you aren't running into anyone like Sonya for instance. As you knock and sit on the familiar sofa Dr. Lawrence seems concerned as she looks at you. ''How are you feeling today Y/N?'' she asks and you simply answer with ''I'm good'', the woman sitting across you raises an eyebrow and puts her notebook and pen down. ''Listen Y/N I can only help you if you open up to me and if you are honest with me'' she says and you look down. ''What do you wanna know?'' you ask somewhat annoyed because you really just don't wanna talk to that woman. ''Tell me about your parents'' she suddenly ask and you feel mad that she is bringing up this subject again because you don't wanna talk about it again. ''Listen I'm sorry but I don't wanna talk about it'' you explain but Dr. Lawrence cuts you off ''If you wanna get better your gonna have to talk about it you know'' As she says that you are reminded of Julie and everything your foster parents ever did to you. You clench your fists and you feel angry ''Tell me Y/N tell me about your anger'' Dr. Lawrence pushes and you suddenly blur out ''Fine what do you wanna hear? that they don't give a shit about me and never did, that they probably killed my grandma? that they slapped me and hurt me many times or the fact that I tried to end everything because of them'' you basically scream at her and tears stream down your face. After you say those words you snap out of it and immediately regret ever saying it in the first place. ''This is exactly what I am talking about Y/N you need to express your feelings and be honest with me and yourself'' she explains and your breathing is slowly starting to slow down and get back to normal. ''So let's start with that they have hurt you Y/N how did it make you feel when they did that?'' she asks and you scoff at her question answering ''It hurt'' and quickly look down. While she is asking those questions it feels like Pete is slapping you all over again because it just hurts talking about these things even if you know you have to face them eventually. Your therapist takes some notes and looks at you ''It's enough for today Y/N but I expect to see you at every meal okay?'' she asks and you nod and leave her office. As you shut the door you breathe out and you feel some sort of relieve. You decide to make your way to breakfast and afterwards to check up on how Mina is doing in her physical therapy lesson. In the afternoon you have your first group session with some other patients and you are terrified. 

After finishing breakfast and thankfully not running into anyone or having to talk to someone you make your way to where Mina would be and as you stand by the window you see Mina exercising and right now she is trying to bend and pick up a ball of the floor without feeling pain or uncomfortable. You can tell she is struggling but after a while she manages to do it and the nurses helping her are smiling proudly. As you watch her you also smile proudly and your heart feels warm, however you are distracted when Sonya approaches you, you wanna walk away but she turns to the window and watches Wilhemina doing her therapy lesson. ''What's going on with you and her?'' she asks and you turn to her feeling anger wash over your body. ''Aw come on is she your girlfriend or mother?'' she says and you feel your fist clenching and you really wanna punch her but suddenly you hear a familiar cane and feel Mina's hand on your shoulder. ''Are you okay Y/N?'' she asks concerned noticing how tense and angry you seem. Sonya simply smirks and as you are about to say anything Wilhemina steps between you and Sonya and looks at the girl with blonde messy hair. ''Listen to me if you ever bother her again I will make sure you regret it understand?'' Wilhemina says with the most intimidating voice ever which scares you but also kind of turns you on. Sonya's jaw drops a little and she quickly backs off and walks away to her room. As Wilhemina turns to you she looks into your eyes and asks ''Are you sure you are okay?'' and you nod ''Thank you'' you almost whisper but it's loud enough for Wilhemina to hear. ''Your welcome, come on let's get lunch and after I will take you to your group session'' she says and you take her elbow and walk with her.