Chapter 2. A ridiculous proposition.

Kincade Russell took a sip from his  tepid coffee and with narrow eyes glanced at his limited edition Patek Philippe watch. His appointment was ten minutes late. Not a very promising start to an already unwanted set-up. Conrad informed him about the reluctance the young man had shown, hence the meeting on neutral ground. He looked around the private dining room of the country club, owned by his family, and agreed that this was a perfect place for first introductions. At least it had been until his goodwill all but vaporized the second what's his face was late. As a Master Dominant Kincade had no patience for people who didn't keep their word.

Straightening his designer jacket he checked his phone. Plenty of messages, as per usual, but none related to this meeting. Another five minutes and he was out of here. The only reason he agreed to be here in the first place was because Conrad had promised him to speed up the paperwork necessary for his favorite Sub Jessie to rejoin the Club once he returned from abroad in three months' time.

One last glare at his watch made him abandon his now cold coffee and stand up. Enough was enough. He couldn't remember the last time he had to wait for someone let alone fifteen minutes.

A small ruckus in the hall made him look back. Frowning he waved over the floor manager.

"Sorry for the disturbance, Mr. Russell", the floor manager rushed out. "Can I get your coat?"

"What's going on?" Kincade inquired, irritated to note that the noise was getting louder.

Suddenly a young man burst into the private dining room chased by two employees. In his haste he stumbled into a table, lost his balance and fell down in his decent gripping the table cloth causing the fully set table to spectacularly crash to the floor.

Kincade shook his head. One look at the disheveled and poorly dressed figure on the ground confirmed his suspicions.

"How long has he been here?"

The floor manager pressed his earpiece.

"Front desk informs me that this young man has been trying to gain access for more than an hour, Sir."

Kincade pursed his lips. 'So not late and by the looks of it, persistent.'

"Help him up", he ordered the two employees who waited for instructions.

"Get your fucking hands off me", the young man growled and with visible difficulty scrambled up from the floor.

His appearance alone was more than enough information to understand why the front desk had denied him access.

"Clean him up and we'll take lunch in the Atrium", Kincade ordered, grabbing his phone to inform his secretary to make the necessary adjustments to his schedule.

"No need", he heard an angry voice behind him state. "I only came to tell you face to face that I'm leaving."

Disbelieve spread over his face when he saw the young man limping away. 'Wait? Was he injured?'

Before he could stop himself he ran after him.

"Do you always come to an important meeting dressed like this?" Kincade barked out when the young man kept shaking of his hands to halt him. "You look like a vagrant."

It worked. Sea-green eyes blazing with fiery indignation looked straight at him. Yet another thing people didn't tend to do anymore.

"Are you sure that it was only my inadequate clothing that stopped me gaining access?" he bitterly spat out and Kincade had to admit he had a point.

Growing up, surrounded by the best of the best, he never wanted for anything. His parents ran with the elite and it raised his standards to great heights. His own good looks and money made him desirable and highly sought out. Kincade loved his eye-candy and made it an requirement for all his employees regardless of their rank.