Chapter 28. 'Harry's House of Subs.'

Briel eyed the pool not seeing any markers indicating the depth. He waved to get Conrad's attention which was not hard since both he and Kincade were staring in his direction. Their expecting expression puzzled him a little, but he pushed it aside seeing Benny impatiently waving his arms.

"Is this pool deep enough to dive into?"

A collective sharp inhale made him frown in confusion quickly followed by Conrad's smile.

"Ten feet. Still, be careful", he warned.

Briel loved to swim. It was the one sport in high school he didn't have to worry about his limp.

Conrad raised his hand to catch his attention.

"Before you dive in could you come here please."

Conscious of Kincade's heated gaze he approached the men with apprehension.

"In light of this morning's events I need to ask you, Gabriel, if you are still willing to remain under contract?" Conrad paused noticing that Briel lowered his gaze. "If yes, I will expect you to have a serious conversation with Kincade after lunch", again he paused. "If no, then just have fun today and I will prepare the paperwork to terminate your agreement."

Briel stood frozen to the floor, suddenly confronted with having to make a decision. Benny walked up to his friend and embracing him from behind pressing a kiss on his shoulder blade.

"Be brave. I know this is scary, but I also know that you can do this."

Holding on to the arms of Benny he lifted his head and looked at Conrad.

"I want to do my best to uphold this contract and discuss its content in more...details."

For a second he let his gaze flicker to Kincade before settling his eyes back on Conrad showing a slight blush.

"Are you sure?" Conrad pressed knowing it would aggravate Kincade.

"Yes, sir", Briel nodded. "I am."

There was a determination in his voice that made Conrad smile. Apparently the small crisis this morning had a catalyst effect pushing things forward.

"Good", he smiled. "I promise to keep Kincade out of the pool so feel free to enjoy yourself", he added ignoring the indignant glare his brother was throwing him.

He turned his head with a serious expression.

"I'm not letting you touch him before you set specific rules and draw crystal clear lines. Remember that my contract with Jordan is almost at an end and I am more than willing to take him off your hands."

Kincade's eye darkened hearing the ominous threat. Swallowing the possessive growl showcasing his ownership, because he knew it was exactly what Conrad was aiming for, he snorted.

"Did you already forget what he said? My Angel doesn't want to leave."

He watched how Briel pointed at his bracelet making Benny laugh pushing him into the water jumping in after him. Both surfaced with an exited giggle.

"Do you think this shackle is heavy enough to sink me?" Briel asked in a tongue in cheek voice and let himself be pushed into the inviting swimming pool.

Moving in water was so effortless and when he came up for air he felt happy and at ease. Kincade might not have liked the statement of Conrad that he was not to enter the pool, but he was growing fond of these clearly stated lines. Not being allowed to enter the water didn't prevent the man from eying his prey. Briel was very aware of those blue orbs that never seemed to leave him. It did wonders for his self-esteem.