Chapter 25. 'Pajamas meltdown'.

Kincade suppressed a sour smile noticing Briel's pout when he returned the two black bracelets at the checkout counter.

"Apparently you have no confidence in my ability to shield you from unwanted attention", he said guiding Briel by the elbow to the nearby elevators.

"Rules only work when people abide by them", Briel remarked with narrowing eyes. "And even in your presence I had to face an unwanted situation." He bit his lip. "Maybe we could discuss some signals to prevent a recurrence."

Kincade frowned at the business like tone. It stood in stark contrast to the deep emotional reaction his meeting with Liam evoked.

Briel let out a soft sigh and hoped Kincade would cooperate without too much hassle. He had a difficult time asking for personal space since he was deprived of this so much growing up. His inner circle had learned to read his nonverbal cries for help and adopt to his wishes, but it had taken some time for them to get it right. Now he was forced to do a balancing act between his needs and a Master Dom keen on following his own agenda.

He saw Benny dawdle long enough to realize that his best friend wanted some alone time with Miguel. 'All the better. Now he didn't have to measure his words.'

"Can I tell you what I need or will you take this as a starting off point for negotiations?" Briel asked as soon as the elevator doors closed.

"Fulfilling my role as Dom entails that during our contract I'm responsible for your wellbeing with a special interest in your personal growth. Meaning that we might have a different view on what it is that you need." Leaning against the backwall Kincade touted his lips. "Let's set some time apart tomorrow and discuss this and other things like you suggested."

Briel quickly changed back into his clothes leaving the View outfit neatly folded on the bare bed. Kincade's words confronted him with a dilemma. Stating his likes and dislikes would give him the opportunity to carve out his boundaries, but would also encourage Kincade to dig deeper into the how and why of his preferences.

Stopping in front of the Sub apartments main entrance Briel turned to Kincade.

"Besides our talk I will need two to three hours to work on my web-series installment."

"Okay", Kincade nodded. "What time would you like Davis to bring you back?" hoping that his glutinous Sub would opt to go after dinner.

Smacking his lips Briel averted his eyes.

"I will discuss this with Benny and let you know."

Hesitant to leave his Angel's side, Kincade dawdled in a way similar to a certain young Twink hoping to get lucky.

"I pray that despite the unfortunate meeting with an acquaintance you still had a good time tonight?"

Suddenly Briel felt drained.

"Can this wait until tomorrow?" he asked placing his hand on the door handle effectively opening it.

Kincade was stunned. It wounded his male pride to hear how easily his submissive dismissed him. Every time he thought they were making progress his charge turned the tables and underlined his independence.

"Of course", he said straightening his back. "I'll send you my outfit choices for tonight and tomorrow. Text me when you have more information on what your working hours will be and at what time you would like to return home. Goodnight", he turned on his heels and left taking long strides.

Briel just caught a glimpse of Benny stepping out of the elevator and raised his eyebrows in an unspoken question.

"Leave the door ajar", Benny smiled. "I'll be up in a minute."