Chapter 14. 'Evil Salad.'

"How come you changed your mind about Benny?" Briel asked walking beside Kincade to the elevators.

"The planning was to interview new Subs today, but Conrad cancelled it because of the weather, making it the perfect afternoon to bring two novices in."

Briel scoffed making Kincade look back.

"Benny's been around plenty. You don't have to worry about him."

Lunch was served in the same fancy restaurant Briel didn't get to visit last time. Eyeing his salad he had to admit that this was not what he expected. Especially since both Kincade and Benny were enjoying a juicy looking salmon steak. If only Olive wasn't here, then he would have told Kincade where to shove that salad when he ordered it.

"Is there something wrong with your food, Gabriel?" the man had the nerve to ask.

"I resent being put on a diet without you consulting with me first", he bit at Kincade and stormed off.

"Well, I saw that one coming since you ordered the salad", Benny said before continuing stuffing his cheeks.

Two Doms stared at him, making him look up and he shook his head at their stupidity.

"First you bring an outsider and then you call him fat. Duhh!"

Kincade sighed hanging his head in defeat.

"When will I stop making these rookie mistakes?" he asked Olive incredulously.

"I don't know. All I know is that it's quite entertaining to see you so flustered over a boy", she smirked.

"Briel left his phone upstairs", Benny said when Kincade reached for his.

"Where do you think he'd go?" he asked Benny.

"Somewhere to cool off", Benny mused. "Not far though. He wouldn't leave without me", he sighed and put on a serious face. "With all due respect, Mr. Russell, I think it would be a good idea to go after him and nip this in the bud", he said earning a fist bump from Olive.

Kincade narrowed his eyes at her. Of course she'd agreed with those words, probably laughing her ass off seeing him flounder around. He recognized his mistake and would own up to it, but Gabriel had to learn not to speak to him as he did at the table. Respect was one of the pillars of the Dom/Sub relationship. Gabriel chose the wrong way to breach the subject and needed to face the consequences.

He found Briel on a heated window seat overlooking the blizzard outside. Scraping his throat he saw the boy startle, slapping his hand in front of his mouth and looking up with weary eyes.

"I apologize for not addressing the issue when I had the opportunity, but I would have preferred the salmon over the salad", he squeezed out from behind his hand.

"Noted", Kincade said. "However I do intend to introduce you to a healthier eating routine after we finalize the details of our agreement. As punishment I will expect you to apologize to Olive and Benny for your rude behavior at the table."

Briel lowered his hand in confusion.

"I thought that kissing me would be the punishment?"

Kincade shook his head looking strict.

"I want the punishment to fit the crime. An apology is more appropriate in this situation, don't you think?"

"Does this mean that you'll change my order?" Briel asked, stubbornly ignoring Kincade's question.

When Kincade frowned down on him he stood up.

"I will apologize if you change my order", he pressed trying to keep his temper in check.