𝟏. 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭!

it's been a little over a week since i got the callback for an audition for a netflix series called "cobra kai." my family is excited about it because they all remember watching "the karate kid" growing up.

it's about 7:00 now on a friday evening in the month of june and my family and i are eating dinner. my mom's phone rings and she leaves the dining room.

it's my agency.

my heart won't stop pounding and i start to get anxious. there's so many thoughts and things going on in my head right now and

it's been about five minutes since she answered the phone.

she comes back with a huge smile on her face.

" Y/N YOU GOT THE PART!," she screamed. "WHAT?!" ARE YOU SERIOUS?," i scream back at her, "WHY WOULD I LIE ABOUT THAT?"

i scream and dance and jump up and down in excitement. this is the first ever acting job i've got! my sisters and dad jump too and almost squeeze me to death.

after i finish my dinner, i text my friends telling them the good news and my mom calls almost every one of our family members too. after all the chaos in the kitchen, my mom comes in my room.

"congratulations y/n!," she says. "your acting agency says that the filming is in georgia so they're going to fly you out next week. but don't worry, you'll be back before school starts up again."
"okay cool," i say nervously. i've never been on an airplane before. even worse, i'm afraid of heights, specifically airplanes. i can't wait till filming starts though.

i wake up in the morning overwhelmed with all the texts back from my friends congratulating me. when i get to school, i figure out that somehow my great news has gotten all around the school and even the teachers and staff know about it too. while i walk down the hallway to english, i get complements and occasional "congratulations" from the students, my peers, and teachers.

this is just the start of my career.