𝟑𝟕. 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐢𝐞𝐫

"let's go girl," mary and hannah yell from the car picking me up to go to the beach.

i laugh and then open the back door.

"hey guys," i smile.

"hey," they say.

"hannah, you never told me what happened," i said.

it's been a week and she still hasn't updated me on her and xolo since last week.

"we haven't talked," she said.

"hannah it's been a week. are you two okay?," mary asked.

"yeah we're good."

"is he coming?," i asked.

"uh i don't know i didn't invite him," she said, "tanner, xolo, or gianni might've invited him anyway but like i said, we haven't talked since last week."

mary sighed and then after that, xolo was never brought up in the car conversation
we got there and met up with jacob, tanner, gianni, and xolo.

mary and i made eye contact not knowing what was gonna happen. i knew he was gonna be here. there can't be a friend group hangout without xolo.

"hannah," he said walking towards her wanting to talk.

"get away from me," she pushed his hand off her shoulder and stepped back.

"hannah, i -."

"alright, um, let's go to the pier," jacob said trying  to change the conversation.

"yeah let's go," gianni said.

hannah rolled her eyes and we made sure to keep them away from each other at all costs.

in line for one of the rides, mary came next to me and whispered.

"i can't stand them two anymore, one of them just has to start up. we need to get them to talk it out, i can't take this anymore," she said.

"but how?"

"that rollercoaster over there only sits two in a cart so we all sit with each other and leave them two."

"sounds like a plan, tell the others though," i say.

"oh i will."

after getting on like three rides, we headed over to the games.

jacob won a ring toss game and gave me this frog stuffed animal.

"here you go," he said with a smile handing me over the frog.

"aww my goodness you're so cute," i took the frog and kissed his cheek, "thank you."

"you're welcome," he blushed.

it was finally time for the rollercoaster and we all sat with each other to leave hannah and xolo alone.

"you again," hannah said.

"listen-," xolo started and then they started mumbling to each other.

"hey i think it's working," jacob yelled talking about xolo and hannah. he had to tell because mary, tanner, and i were screaming our heads off even though the rollercoaster was literally going at a turtle's pace.

"yeah i know" i screamed.

we got off and planned on going to the ferris wheel next. hannah and xolo were still talking.

"uh we're actually not gonna get on," xolo said.

"oh okay," we said to them and then turned away so they couldn't see our faces to smile at each other.

we get on the ferris wheel and looked at the beautiful sparking ocean. it was golden hour and the water, sand, and the rest of the pier looked so pretty.

"look at the view," jacob pointed out.

"i love this time of day," mary said.

"hey, they worked it out," tanner said looking down.

"what how do you know?," i asked.

"look down."

we look down and see them sitting down next to each other kissing.

we cheered and jacob, mary, and i high fived.

"told you it'd work," mary smiled.

"ENOUGH WITH THE PDA WEIRDOS," tanner yelled down at them.

they looked up and started laughing. when we got off, i ran straight to hannah.

"you guys are okay now?," i smiled.

"yup," she said.

"i'm happy."

"same."

"you guys wanna walk down there by the beach before we leave?," gianni asked.

"yeah sure why not," xolo said.

we got off the pier and went down by the sand. at first, we all went and put our feet in the cold salty ocean water for a few minutes.

after that, we started walking on the sand while watching the sunset.

everybody was in front of jacob and i because we were busy finding and picking up all the pretty shells we saw.

i saw a nice shell and bent down to get it. jacob bent down at the same time and our hands touched. we looked up at each other and laughed.

he just sat there though, his bright blue eyes staring into my y/e/c eyes.

he started smiling.

"what?," i asked with a smile.

"you're beautiful," he said.

i blush and laugh:

"i love you, you know that right?," i ask.

"yeah, i love you too," he said.

he put his right hand under my left ear and kissed me.

"i want to be with you forever," he said.

"same," i replied.

"promise me this is forever," he said holding out his pinky.

i reach out my pinky and link it with his.

"forever," i said.

"guys let's start walking to the cars hurry up y'all are so slow," hannah yelled.

everyone including jacob and i laughed and we ran to the rest of the group.

the end.