01. Teacher

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

•  BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! The blaring and obnoxious alarm clock startled Olivia as it snapped her from whatever strange dream she was having

  BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! The blaring and obnoxious alarm clock startled Olivia as it snapped her from whatever strange dream she was having. The twenty-year-old groaned, moving a heavy arm to shut off the clock. She sighed when its beeping finally ceased.

She relaxed back into bed, eyelids drooping as she stared at the white popcorn ceiling. No matter how much her body wanted to go back to sleep, Olivia knew she had to get up today. Today was her first real test in becoming a teacher at Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters and she would not disappoint.

Charles had all the faith in the world that the girl would do great, meaning more pressure put on her shoulders to do exceptionally. She would start this day right. Being the school's first music teacher had a lot weighing on it.

She quickly removed the duvet, allowing the cold morning air to rush in and wake her up. She shivered, goosebumps crawling their way up her arms. The night prior, she had planned her outfit — a black pencil skirt and a colourful blouse covered in music notes — perfect for a music teacher.

Quickly, she got dressed and did her hair. It's not like the students didn't know her, she greeted and toured every new student enrolled into the school, but this presentable get-up was for Charles and Hank. They practically raised her since she discovered her mutant abilities, and pleasing them was the most important.

It was six-thirty, meaning all the children would be asleep, and Olivia had time to grab breakfast and coffee and hang out with Hank in the lab. As she stepped out of her bedroom, she was immediately greeted by Charles, who was rolling down the hallway with two mugs of steaming coffee. "Good morning, Olivia. Sleep well?" He handed her a mug.

Olivia, slightly shocked to see him so early, nodded slowly. "Well enough. First day jitters, ya know?" She chuckled nervously, sipping the coffee tentatively. She sighed happily as the warm liquid hit her tongue. "Thank you, Charles. This is great."

The professor shook his head with a smile. "I thought I'd take some of the pressure off of your first day. I know how nervous you've been. I wouldn't have picked you for this job if I didn't believe you could do it."

They began to walk towards the main hall. Olivia laughed. "It was that or kicking me out. Can't be a student here forever." 

"This is your home, Olivia. I would never kick you out," Charles rolled his eyes. "There are times, however..."

Both laughed at the joke and Olivia playfully smacked his head. "Funny, Charles. Absolutely hilarious," They stopped once they had reached the main hall of the school. "Is Hank in the lab?" She asked.

Charles nodded. "Like always. I'll let him know you're on your way." He smiled and nodded as if permitting Olivia to go.

She thanked him once more for the coffee and began the walk to the basement. Olivia prided herself in being the only student that knew of Hank McCoy's lab. The story she tells is that she found it on accident but in actuality, she followed Hank one night after multiple failed attempts due to Charles and his mind-reading.