02. Summers

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

  BY THE END OF her second class, Olivia felt like she could take on the world. Her confidence was through the roof as she walked down to the kitchen, a small bounce in her step. She had just made a grab for the handle of the door when a familiar voice called out to her. "Olivia!" She turned. Hank was waving her over. Next to him was Charles and someone she hadn't seen in a long time.

"Alex Summers?" She gasped. All thoughts of hunger behind her, she rushed forward to wrap her old friend in a hug. "What are you doing here?"

"It's good to see you too, Spark," Alex chuckled. They pulled back and Olivia couldn't help her smile at the sound of her old nickname. "This is my brother, Scott." He gestured to the younger boy next to him.

Olivia felt a little bad, as she hadn't noticed the bandaged boy beforehand. "Hi, Scott. Are you a new student here?"

Scott scoffed. "I hope not."

Olivia raised a curious brow towards Charles. "His mutation recently developed. We're going to try and help him," The professor explained. "You're welcome to join if you'd like."

"Of course! Alex and I can catch up," Olivia smiled up the blond, nudging him playfully.

"So you're a teacher now?" Alex questioned as the group walked through the grounds of Xavier's.

Olivia nodded. "It's my first day, actually." She smiled shyly.

"Wow," Alex gasped quietly. "You're all grown up now, huh?"

Rolling her eyes, Olivia chuckled and turned her attention to Charles as he began talking to Scott, who was reluctantly listening. "The first step in understanding one's power is learning the extent of it. Only then, can we begin the process of learning how to control it," They stopped in front of the small pond. "If you do decide to stay, I can promise you by the time you're done here, you will be able to go back into the world and play a stable and productive part in it."

Olivia laughed. "Or, if you're like me, become a teacher." She sneered playfully at Charles, who shook his head with a laugh

The professor signed. "Why don't you take your bandages off and we can have a look at what we're dealing with here," He turned to the boys' brother. "Alex would you line him up, face him in the right direction," He turned back to Scott, who had hesitantly removed his eye bandages. "There's a target just across the water, when you open your eyes try to hit that."

Scott was practically shaking. Olivia could feel the fear radiating from the boy. She knew how he was feeling, as she had been in his very position before. "You can open your eyes, Scott. There's nothing to be afraid of," Charles spoke softly to the new mutant. "It's quite-"