06. Rescue

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

                                                                                                     •  THEY PILED OFF OF the jet onto the ruins of Cairo

                                                                                                     •

  THEY PILED OFF OF the jet onto the ruins of Cairo. "Hank, Olivia, you go with the kids. Moira will be waiting on the plane," Raven turned and looked at Scott, who looked hesitant. "What?"

"Not all of us can fully control our powers," He frowned.

"Then don't," Raven stated plainly. "You need to embrace them," She paused. "We all do," Olivia couldn't help but smile as Raven shed her human form and her beautiful blue skin took its place. It was time. Peter slipped on his goggles and held Raven by her neck, speeding off to Eric.

Hank and Olivia watched them go, then turned to each other. "You ready for this, kiddo?" He placed a hand on her shoulder.

Taking one last look where Raven and Peter used to be, she nodded. "Hell yeah," She turned to the kids. "Come on, we need to take cover."

Following Hank, they ducked and ran through the city ruins until they found a solid wall that they could all hide behind. "There's an entrance. It's clear," Hank exclaimed. No one moved, however. Everyone paused — it all seemed too easy. As Oliva readjusted her eyes to the sky, she could just make a small blob, becoming clearer every second. Jean gasped from next to her as the birdman's mental wings extended. "Kurt! Get in there!" Hank yelled to the teleporting boy, who immediately had poofed away, a blue cloud left where he had stood. The birdman slowed his momentum and flapped his wings in one big swoop. Oliva ducked as the sharp metal feathers flew towards them. Jean acted quickly, rising pieces of broken stone and wood to block them. But upon realizing Kurt had escaped him, the birdman quickly turned back to the pyramid. "In the pyramid! Move!" Hank instructed.

"Go!" Olivia pushed Jean and Scott forward as the four of them rushed for the pyramid entrance in an effort to help Kurt. A sudden lightning bolt forced them back. Olivia instinctively grabbed Jean's arm to pull her back. From the lighting emerged a girl, another one of Apocolypse's disciples. All they could do was stare in shock as she controlled the weather around them. The air swirled as dust and debris were lifted into the wind. With the powerful gust of wind, the young girl flung a car. Grabbing Scott as well, Olivia quickly pulled the teens down. Hank managed to grab the car. Scott stood, releasing himself from Olivia's grip and flicked his sunglasses off, shooting a red beam of light at the disciple, who just managed to jump out of the way, and with the small amount of momentum he had, Hank managed to swing the car back towards the girl.

In another twist, the car was sliced in half just before it could land on the girl. With a violet beam erected from her palm, another disciple, a woman, landed swiftly just in front of Jean, Olivia, and Scott. She said something to the girl and before they could do anything, lighting was being shot at them. Jean and Scott ran screaming, dodging the bolts. Olivia did her best to avoid them, but she knew the worst that could happen if they hit her was a mild headache, but the best — she would be fully powered up. She had been separated from the others and the lightning girl was on her trial. A precise lightning strike underneath her feet tripped Olivia. She let out a yelp as she fell face forward into concrete slabs. She felt her nose crack and bend in a way no nose should. Before she could even move to get up, another strike of lightning shot her painfully in the back. Olivia cried out in pain as more and more electricity filled her. It just kept coming and coming, she couldn't contain it.