04. Maximoff

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

                                                                                                  •  SHE HAD EXPECTED TO feel some sort of pain when she died, but instead, there was only a breeze and a small feeling of nausea

                                                                                                  •

  SHE HAD EXPECTED TO feel some sort of pain when she died, but instead, there was only a breeze and a small feeling of nausea. Olivia looked around frantically, eyes squinting in the sudden sunlight. "What the hell..?" They were on the front lawn of Xavier's — the teachers, the students — everyone. As her eyes adjusted to the light, she could see the school. "Holy shit," A hand came to her mouth in shock as she saw her home had been completely destroyed by the blast.

"Wow!" An unfamiliar voice caught her attention. Her head snapped to see a silver-haired man, his clothes matching that very coloured hair. He pulled goggles off his face and placed them softly on his head.

There was so much going on, it was too much for Olivia to process. "Peter, w-where did you..." Hank stuttered, running a hand through his hair.

"I was looking for the professor, I thought he lived here," 'Peter' answered. He squinted as he looked back at the crumbled mansion.

Olivia gulped. "They took him," Peter looked over at her, an eyebrow raised. "Hank...they took him."

Hank sighed and wrapped an arm around her shoulders. "I know, Olivia. We'll get him back."

As kids caught their breath, a ripple of whispers caught the teacher's attention. Olivia's eyes widened as she caught sight of Raven — the real Raven — covered in blue scales and slicked-back red hair. She was even more beautiful than Olivia could've imagined. "They look up to you," Hank told her. "Right now, they need you."

Raven stared at him. "That's not what they need," Students, including Olivia, gasped as her skin turned from blue to pale peach and she was back to the blonde woman she had met earlier that day.

The rumble of an approaching car caught everyone's attention. Olivia felt relieved to see Scott, Jean, Jubilee, and Kurt pull up. All of them looked horrified at the sight of the school. Scott got out of the car first, running over to the crowd. "What happened? Where's Alex? Where's my brother?"

Olivia's heart dropped. Alex was right next to the explosion — her first real friend was dead and that wasn't even the worst part of all this. "Pretty sure I got everybody," Peter shrugged.

Hank sucked in a sharp breath. He leaned closer to Peter. "Alex was closest to the blast,"

Scott was hyperventilating. He ran towards the wreckage, Jean and Kurt following him. Olivia frowned, stepping closer to Peter and Hank. She could see, even though he saved the entire school, Peter felt horrible that he missed one person.

Olivia's head snapped up at the sound of thumping helicopter propellers. A large military chopper came into view and a woman's voice rang out from its speakers: "Please remain calm. Medical assistance is on the way."