05. Escape

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

                                                                                                   •  OLIVIA CLASPED HER HANDS over her ears as a piercing ringing rang out

                                                                                                   •

  OLIVIA CLASPED HER HANDS over her ears as a piercing ringing rang out. She wasn't the only one that heard it — everyone else in the cell did the same, startled from its suddenness. "Hear me, inhabitants of this world, this is a message,"

"Is that Charles?" Olivia called over the voice. Her wide eyes connected with Hank's — he was frozen.

"A message to every man, woman and mutant in the world. You have lost your way," It was Charles, but the words he was saying — those were not his. "But I have returned. The day of reckoning is here. All your buildings, all your towers and temples...will fall," Olivia couldn't believe what she was hearing. "And the dawn of a new age will rise...for there is nothing you can do to stop what is coming. This message is for one reason alone -- to tell the strongest among you, those with the greatest power...protect those without. That's my message to the world."

Olivia couldn't help her smile. Those last words were Charles', no doubt. Hank looked between her and Raven. "How is Charles doing that without Cerebro?"

They didn't get to respond, however, as someone pounded on the glass above. Stryker looked furious, and to Olivia's amusement, also scared. "I know that voice. It's Xavier, isn't it? What's going on?"

"We don't know!" Raven yelled.

"We don't know, bro!" Peter added. Olivia couldn't help the small smile that crossed her face.

Stryker stepped back, clenching his jaw in frustration. Olivia watched them, biting her lip. "If they weren't gonna let us out before, they definitely won't now," She looked around at the green walls. Peter watched her curiously. "We have to try something," As if on cue, yellow emergency lights started flashing and an alarm started blaring. "Well, that's convenient."

The group looked around, panicked. Whatever was going on, wasn't good. "We have to get out of here," Hank mumbled, running a hand through his blue fur. From above, they could see how panicked the men were, including Stryker.

"What are they doing?" Moira looked around nervously.

"What's going on?" Hank questioned.

No answers. They watched as Stryker left without another look in their direction. Not moments later, gunshots began firing and guards starting yelling incoherent words. Olivia gasped, backing up into Peter. He softly held her elbow, equally scared. A man was thrown against the glass and they all collectively ran out of view, in case whatever was in there decided to attack them too. "Are you okay?" Hank whispered to her. She nodded silently.

When the screaming stopped, they moved back to the middle. Olivia looked around at the green bulbs again, breathing heavily. "Maybe I could-"

"No, Olivia," Hank shook his head. "You already tried and you nearly passed out. There has to be another way."