08. Blood

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

                                                                                                 •  "DON'T FORGET MONDAY'S HOMEWORK is our playing test, so practice your piece as much as you can this weekend!" Olivia called to her fleeing students...

                                                                                                 •

"DON'T FORGET MONDAY'S HOMEWORK is our playing test, so practice your piece as much as you can this weekend!" Olivia called to her fleeing students as they rushed to dinner. She sighed, leaning onto the chalkboard. Her final class of the day was finished and she was exhausted.

"Permission to enter?" Olivia smiled at the sound of Hank's voice as he knocked softly at the door.

"That depends," She chuckled. "What's the password?"

Hank groaned quietly. "Olivia is annoying because she won't let me in?"

"Ha! Not even close!" She skipped to the door and leaned on its frame. Hank shook his head and smiled. "Whatcha need?"

"I just need a few more blood samples to run my tests if you don't mind?" He said sheepishly.

As much as Olivia despised needles and getting her blood taken, and how much she wanted to say no, she took one look at Hank's face and caved. "Sure. I got nothing else going on."

"Great!" Hank clapped his hands the two proceeded down the hallway. A few students every now and again would say hi, some smaller ones would even hug Olivia — she had quickly become the school's favourite teacher.

When they reached the lab, however, the entire team was there waiting. "I thought you needed blood work?" Olivia raised her brow accusingly at Hank.

"Thank you, Hank," Charles wheeled over, excusing the man. "We couldn't risk the students overhearing. I apologize, Olivia."

Looking around at the others, she nodded slowly. "It's...fine. What's going on, anyway?"

"There is a hostage situation at a Roxxon warehouse in Buffalo and the X-Men have been requested to intervene," Charles explained.

Olivia tilted her head. "Why would they need us? There's systems in place for these kinds of things."

Charles sighed. "It's because the hostiles are mutants — four, to be exact."

"Oh," Olivia huffed. She was exhausted from her day of teaching, but duty called.

The team suited up and boarded the new X-Jet, as Hank dubbed it. Olivia strapped in next to Peter, who smiled down at her. "Come here often?"

Olivia snorted and shook her head. "Is that your best pick up line?"

"You don't like it?" Peter smirked. "I got way more where that came from,"