The Fire Nation

Sokka and I walked back into the village as Katara took a boy out of a spare house, " Um who's that?" " Some kid we found yesterday" " What do you mean found? We are surrounded by water?!" " Yeah, yeah long story short this kid has been asleep in ice for a hundred years and now he's here". I looked at Sokka for a second before blinking " That's the short version?".

I walked over to Katara and the kid and smiled " Hi, I'm Scarlett it's nice to meet you " " I'm Aang!" He beamed at me " Aren't you cold?" " Not really, I used to live on the edge of a mountain so I'm used to cold weather". " Okay, so what's this stuff and ice and a hundred years?" " Oh I've been asleep in a giant ball of ice" Aang laughed " And you're alive, how?" " I'm just as clueless as you are, hey! Do you want to go penguin sledding with me?!".

I laughed at him " How old are you?" " I'm a hundred and twelve! You're eyes are really cool" " Oh uh thank you " " Alright that's enough, come on Scar" Sokka dragged me away. " Are you okay?" " Sokka I'm fine, all he said is that they were cool" " I know " he sighed " But I know how self conscious you are about them" " Yeah" I covered my right eye.

As the day went on, I went about my normal tasks until I noticed Katara and Aang were gone, suddenly a huge flare went off in the sky and I dropped my basket and ran to Sokka. " Sokka! That was from the fire nation ship" " I know, but dont worry I'll protect the village you just make sure everyone is hidden". I turned to Aang and Katara in fright " Katara get over here" " You knew going on that ship was forbidden and now you've put us all in danger!".

" It was an accident!" Katara yelled " Katara any fire nation ship within a few miles of here could have seen that! You just put the entire village in danger, what if they try take our elderly again?!" I yelled at her. " Its my fault" Aang spoke up " Your banished from this village, you've done nothing but mess around and threaten our village" " That's ridiculous,  Scarlett stop him" " Hes right Katara,  Aang has to leave".

" Fine, then I'm banished too! Come on Aang" " And where are you going?" " The north pole, Aang is going to find me a water bending teacher". " You're just going to leave us like this? Just going to abandon your village and family?" " Katara I don't want to come between your family. I'll go". We watched in silence as Aang left " Katara it's for the best" " Are you happy now? There goes my one chance at finding a teacher" she stormed off and I sighed " Sokka get ready I'll handle everything else ".

I made sure everyone was inside and safe as Sokka stood on top of our snow wall and kept watch. Suddenly a huge ship came crashing through the wall and knocked Sokka out of the way. I stood protectivly in front of the village as four men came out of the ship, " I'm looking for the avatar" the man in front announced. The avatar? There is no avatar anymore, he suddenly grabbed Sokka's grandmother " He should be around this age, come on!" He yelled, fire coming out of his hand.

Sokka came charging at the fire bender but he was easily defeated, I watched as Sokka was defeated again and again and I suddenly felt this rage flow through me as the fire bender shot flames at my village. " Enough!" I yelled as fire shot out of my hands, I shot some small fire balls at him that he easily avoided. " Impossible!" He stated before being knocked over by a penguin. " Aang!" " Your looking for me?" " You're the avatar? Your just a kid!" " Well you're just a teenager". Aang and the fire bender fought until Aang surrendered " If I go with you, will you promise to leave this village alone?".

The young man nodded his head as a guard grabbed Aang, the fire bender turned before looking at me " Take her" " No!" Katara yelled as Sokka blocked me " Your not taking her anywhere" " Get out of the way before I burn your village to the ground!" " Sokka stop" I whispered quietly " Scarlett no, I'm not letting him take you". " I don't want our village hurt, please Sokka just let me go" " I've already lost my parents I'm not losing you too!". I wrapped my arms around Sokka tight " I know we'll meet again soon, your my best friend" " I love you Scar" he hugged me back " I love you too Sokka".

A guard grabbed my arm and dragged me onto the ship, I stood next to Aang who had the same look of worry on his face that I did. " Take the avatar to a cell" " And the girl?" " Put her in a room and lock her in, I'll be speaking with her soon". " Scarlett I'll find you!" Aang yelled as we were dragged down separate halls, I groaned in pain as the fire nation solider dragged me by the arm " You don't have to be so rough". He opened a door and threw me inside before slamming the door shut and locking it, I rubbed my arm as I looked around the room in fright, what the hell does he want with me?

I sat on my bed for a while before hearing a commotion, I listened carefully and smiled as I heard Sokka's voice " KATARA!" he yelled and I laughed knowing she'd done something with her water bending. It went quiet after a while and I stood up as the door to my room suddenly opened and the young fire bender from before stood glaring at me. " The avatar where is he going?!" I laughed " He got away?", the boy looked at me taken back " Dont laugh at me!" " I'm not laughing at you, I just think its funny that he got away already" he growled at me and yelled " Fine! Stay in this room at rot!".