Kyoshi Island

The next morning I was training with Iroh again, he was teaching me the next set in my fire bending training since I had done so well with my first set. " Scarlett are you even listening to me?" " What?" I jumped in surprise as Iroh laughed at me " You seem very distracted this morning" " Oh sorry, I don't mean to be". " I'm guessing it had something to do with that kiss last night " " What?! I mean uh what kiss?" I grinned innocently. " Nice try Scarlett, I may be an old man but I am no fool. I know young love when I see it" " Ppff young love? What are you talking about? You sure you haven't drank some spicy tea this morning ?". Iroh laughed before patting my back " I know you can feel it, your falling in love with my nephew" " I'm only sixteen, and I've only known him a few weeks there's no way-" " Love works in mysterious ways. You will often find it in someone you didnt know you knew or needed in your life".

On cue Zuko walked on deck and stared out at the morning sun, the bright orange and purple light shinning down on him, as if trying to convince me of this new profound love. " You feel it now dont you?" Iroh whispered in my ear " I feel it" " Then go to him". My legs were moving by themselves, what was I meant to say when I got to him? What was I meant to do? Did he even feel the same way about me? My thoughts were interrupted when I realized I was standing in front of him. He gave me a small smile as he looked down at me " Good morning Scarlett, did you sleep well?", he's so perfect, scar and all. " Scarlett are you okay?" " Yeah I'm great actually " " Then why are you looking at me like that?" " Shut up" I said quickly, I grabbed his shirt and pulled him down to my level, smashing my lips against his.

At first he was shocked and unresponsive but quickly fell into the rhythm of my movements. One of his hands fell on my waist, while the other caressed my cheek. We slowly pulled away from each other, our faces red from excitement and embarrassment. " I like you Prince Zuko" " I like you too Scarlett, and please call me Zuko ". The crew all cheered around us as Iroh smiled and shook his head, that clever old fool knew what he was doing the entire time. " So uh, what do we do now?" I smiled nervously, " Dinner, tonight" Zuko smiled precisely at me " I'd like that", " Okay love birds, now its time to get back to training!".

" My prince the avatar has been spotted!" " Then head to his location!" Zuko turned to Iroh " I'll be in my room getting ready, get me when we're there" " As you wish Prince Zuko " Iroh bowed. " And you, stay out of trouble " he smirked before going below deck, " The hell does that mean? I'm never in trouble " " You just focus on your training, when we get to the avatars location I want you to stay on this deck. I know he is travelling with your friends and I am deeply sorry for any harm we might cause them. But this is a lesson that needs to be learned ".

After hours of travelling we suddenly stopped on the shores of an Island. " I want six people to come with me, we can finally take the avatar", I watched as Zuko and a few soldiers went off on the island in search for the avatar and my friends. I was able to sit still for a while until I saw the fire nation soldiers burning the buildings, " No!" I yelled before jumping off the ship and running into the village. I found Zuko fighting some warriors and ran up to him as he just defeated them. " Zuko stop! This village has done nothing to you " " I thought I told you to stay on the ship!" " I'm not going to sit back and watch you burn down this village! They are innocent people" " Who are hiding the avatar from me!" " Believe it or not Zuko, but alot of people don't want the fire nation to win this war".

Zuko grabbed my shirt and gave me a dirty look " I'd choose my next words very carefully if I were you " " What are you going to hurt me Zuko?". He grinned his teeth before looking away from me " Go back to the ship now, we'll discuss this later. And that's not a request " " I'll get back on the ship once I put out these fires" " Scarlett!" " I'm not letting you hurt these people ". I got out of Zuko's grip and ran to the shore, " Come on water bending please work for me" I begged as I bended the water. It wasnt much but I was managing to put out the fires closest to the shore. I looked in amazement as Aang popped out of the water on a sea creature, using it to put the fires out, " Yes! Go Aang!" I yelled.

" Scarlett!!" Sokka yelled as he looked down at me from Appa, " Aang we have to take her with us" " Sokka theres no time! If we go back now they'll catch us!" " Scarlett!". I jumped in surprise as Zuko grabbed my arm and dragged me back onto the ship. He dragged me down to his bedroom and threw me in, " What the hell were you doing out there?! I told you to stay on the ship!" " And I told you I wasn't going to stand there and let you burn down a village that did absolutely nothing to you!". " What you said out there, did you say that to hurt me?" " What?" I asked confused " When you said there was people who didnt want the fire nation to win the war, were you talking about yourself? Did you say it to hurt me?". " What? Of course I didn't say it to hurt you, but I dont want the fire nation to win the war! I want all of this fighting to stop, I want the nations to live together in harmony" " That isn't going to happen " " Because the fire nation has a corrupt fire lord".

" Dont you dare talk ill about my father!" " Why are you defending the man who hurt you? He was the one who banished you when you were a child! Zuko you don't need your father" " My father is the only one who can restore my honour and bring back my right to the throne!" " You don't need him or the throne! You have people who love you, people who are here with you now in your banishment trying to make you see that! Your father is a cruel man!". " You don't think I know that?! I spoke out once and my father taught me a permanent lesson on my face!!". I stared at him in shock, " Your father gave you that scar?" " I don't want to talk about it " " Why do you want to go back so badly to people who hurt you?" " I said I don't want to talk about it! Now get out of my face" " Zuko-" " I said get out!".