Zhao

I lied on my bed after hours and sighed, my stomach made a horrible noise and I sighed " I hope I get some food soon". After who knows how long the door to my room opened and I jumped up and furrowed my brows when I saw an old man smiling at me. " Ah good your awake, I would hate to waste such good refreshments" he beamed as he set a tray of food in front of me. I stared down in disbelief before looking up at the man " Dont be so suspicious, you are a guest and you must be hungry. Eat, I will keep you company" he sat down and smiled patiently as I quickly ate the food in front of me.

Once I had finished I turned to the old man " Who are you? What do you want with me?" " Oh where are my manners?! My name is Iroh, it's a pleasure to meet you". " Iroh, why am I here?" " I presume you know how unusual it is for someone born outside the fire nation to be able to fire bend?" I sighed " I didn't know I could do that, I'm just as confused as you".

" That's perfectly normal, however not being able to control your fire is very dangerous and can cause great harm to others" " So?" " So I will teach you to control it". I widened my eyes in shock " You will?" " Of course, I am an excellent teacher" " Wont you're boss go crazy?". Iroh laughed at me " You must mean my nephew, yes he might but I will teach you regardless. I would hate for you to harm yourself or someone you love" " Uh, thank you " I said in shock. What the hell? Hes fire nation isnt he? What the hell is he doing offering me lessons?

" May I ask what your name is?" " Oh its uh, Scarlett" " Scarlett, what a beautiful name for a beautiful girl" I couldn't help but blush a bit and smile " Thank you Iroh". " Uncle come on we're leaving the ship!" Iroh laughed " I'll be right with you Prince Zuko". " I'm sorry did you say prince?" " Ah yes, my nephew is the prince of the fire nation" " What the hell is he doing in the north pole?" " That's a long story for another time, come I'll introduce you".

I followed the old man off the ship and onto a dock, " What is she doing here?! I didnt say to let her out!" I turned my attention to the teenager yelling at me " Calm down sparky". His face went red as he yelled things at me, I turned to his uncle " How in the hell do you put up with this?" " My nephew can be gentle, you just have to get to know him first. Now, Prince Zuko how dare you leave a young lady in her room to starve". Zuko looked at his uncle confused " Starve?" " Scarlett has been in her room for hours without food or water, you should be ashamed of yourself. Now, you will introduce yourself properly".

Zuko sighed before bowing " I am Prince Zuko, you are?" " Scarlett" " That's a very nice name" " Well if it isnt Prince Zuko". Zuko's face dropped as he turned to a tall man, " General Zhao, what are you doing here?" He spat " This is my dock, what seems to bring you here?" The man called Zhao asked before looking up at the ship " That is quite a bit of damage, what happened to your ship?". " Oh you wouldn't believe us if we told you. Uncle, tell Zhao what happened" " Of course, what happened?" Iroh asked and I sighed before standing forward.

" We were attacked by an Earth Kingdom ship, General Zhao" " Who are you? Why are you dressed in water tribe clothing?". Before Iroh or Zuko could respond, I bowed and kept my head down as I spoke " I am Scarlett, Prince Zuko's new personal servant. I am dressed as such because I am from the northern water tribe, no servant such as myself deserves to wear the noble fire nation colour". I stood up straight and smiled gently as Zhao smiled back at me, " Zuko's personal servant hmm? One can only assume what he uses you for" Zhao smirked at Zuko.

I saw Zuko's vains pop but I just giggled " Oh please General, the prince could never waste his time like that with a girl like me". " Why dont you three join me on my ship? We can eat and talk while your ship is being prepared, and I can offer your new servant some fire nation clothes so she doesn't stick out". We followed Zhao to his ship, Iroh taking the lead while I stayed back with Zuko " Why did you say that?" Zuko whispered to me " I can see the guy gets to you, and I'd much rather deal with the fire bender who left my village alone, than the fire bender who would kill me and my family".

After I had changed into a long red skirt with slits down the sides, red pants and a red crop top that showed off my arms, I sat on a small stool in between Zuko and Zhao. I had my long brown hair braided into a traditional fire nation hairstyle and served Zuko and Zhao tea. As I refilled Zhao's cup, he grabbed my hand " You have such lovely eyes" " Thank you General" I bowed " I've never seen someone so unique. I've never met someone with two different coloured eyes, one red and one blue" " Yes it is unusual sir".

" What was your name again?" " Scarlett, sir" I winced a little as he tightened his grip. Zhao stood up and towered over me, " You know Scarlett, I really hate liars" " Zhao let her go!" Zuko pulled me out of his grip and hid me behind his body " Servant or not, I wont let you treat a girl like that". Zhao let out a small laugh " My apologies Prince Zuko, I was just stalling for time" " What?". A guard came through the door " General Zhao, all workers on board Prince Zuko's ship reported that he had the avatar but let him escape".

Zhao groaned " Typical, I wouldn't expect anything less from our banished prince" banished? I asked myself as I looked up at Zuko. He looked angry and hurt, I felt myself rest my hand on his shoulder. " And the girl?" " Zuko took her with the avatar, she can fire bend even though she's from the northern water tribe" " A water tribe peasant who can fire bend? This I'd love to see?". Zhao turned to me and grinned " Show me what you've got" " I wont let you attack her" " Prince Zuko, this girl is a prisoner and an enemy to the fire nation. I want to see her fire bend with my own eyes before I kill her. Now get out of the way".