Blue Spirit

I have been trapped on Zhao's ship for a while now, I have no clue where my friends could even possibly be, though that doesn't stop Zhao from asking me. Zhao decided to make me his personal servant, though I'd refused he decided punishment was the only way to make me fall in line. As his personal servant it was my job to clean his room, do his laundry, serve him meals and entertain him and his guests. It was a very boring and ridiculous situation to be in.

As I was serving Zhao his lunch, some men burst through the door " We've got him, we've captured the avatar!". " What?!" I yelled out in shock as Zhao stood up in excitement, " Come on Scarlett, lets go see your friend". Zhao grabbed my arm and dragged me down to the room the guard informed us he was in.

Zhao had moved from his ship to a fire nation facility on land, wanting to discuss hiring special fire nation soldiers to his team. Zhao opened the door and grinned when he saw Aang tied to the chair, " It seems I've finally captured the avatar" " Please let me go! My friends are sick and need these frozen toads before they thaw out!" He yelled in protest.

" I'm sorry I can't do that, but
why don't you talk it over with your friend here". Zhao pushed me  to the ground in front of Aang, he gasped loudly when his eyes landed on me. " Scarlett?! What are you doing here?" " I got captured, didnt Appa or the elderly tell you?". " They did, but I didn't think the fire nation would roam so far so I thought you ran away. I'm sorry ". " Its okay, I did say I was leaving after the canyon" " So you were travelling with the avatar the whole time?" Zhao smirked at me, " Guess you'll be having another punishment. Excuse us Avatar, we'll be back to question you later". " No let me go!" I cried as Zhao dragged me out of the room, " What you mean punishment?! Dont hurt her!" Aang yelled after us.

Zhao threw me into the all to familiar room, " You know what happens now" he smirked at me. One of the soldiers in the room chained me facing a wall, I leaned my head against the wall and closed my eyes in fright. I shivered when the solider tied my hair up before untying my shirt, exposing my back. " You know what to do " I let out a scream as the whip stung my back. I pulled against the chains as the whip made contact with my skin again and again and again. " Ten whips I think is plenty, wouldn't want her skin to lose too much of its beauty now would we".

The doctor came and cleaned my wounds for me, " Stop!" I cried as the pain was unbearable. " Give me some water and I'll do it myself!", my eyes widened and my mouth closed when I realized I had spilled my secret. " Let her down and give her some water" Zhao ordered, he leaned into my ear and whispered " Show me". I bent the water from the bowl onto my back and began to heal my new wounds. The water glowed blue as it began to heal, after a few minutes I took the water away. Zhao grabbed my back in amazement " Your wounds are healed" " But they've scared" I said " I don't care about that, all this time you could have been healing my men in an instant".

" What? No, I barely know anything about this, I can barely heal myself " " It looks fine to me, now go check on the avatar". I sighed as I made my way to Aang, I opened the door to his cell and froze when I saw a man in a blue mask with two swords setting Aang free. I quickly closed the door, " Aang what are you doing?" Aang and the man jumped in fright before turning to me. " Scarlett thank goodness, come on we're getting out of here" " This place is heavily guarded, how did you even get in?" I asked the man but he stayed silent.

" Scarlett what did Zhao do to you?" Aang asked, " Oh, he does this as a punishment" I turned around and untied my shirt, exposing my back to them. " He's hurt you so much" Aang said quietly, " Well I do always put up a fight". I fixed my shirt before turning back to face them, " Look give me two minutes and I'll be able to distract the guards long enough to let you two escape". " What? No we cant leave you here" Aang protested, " Aang you dont have time to argue. Now wait two minutes and go. Take care of my friends".

I ran out the door and smiled when I saw the first two guards, " Hey, Zhao wants everyone in the lounge for tonight's entertainment" I smiled as I ran my fingers up their arms. They smiled before turning around and making their way to the lounge. I knocked on the door, Aang and the blue mask man followed me down the halls till we saw the next few guards. I did the same thing and smiled when one of them kissed my cheek, " What was that? What's the entertainment?" Aang asked. " Oh I'm the entertainment, I usually have to dance for them or with them".

We made it to the front doors of the building, " This is as far as I can help, theres a lot of guards out there so I dont know what I can do". " You've helped plenty Scarlett, thank you and be safe. I'll come back for you" I hugged Aang before turning to the mask man, " I dont know who you are, but thank you for saving him" the man said nothing but turned away. I lifted the side of his mask and kissed his cheek before running back inside. As I was turning the corner Zhao grabbed me, covered my mouth and dragged me upstairs to the balcony. I watched in fright as everyone had their weapons pointed at Aang and the mask man in the centre of the courtyard.

" How about we watch while your friends die. Fire!" Aang and the mask man fought against the soldiers. They actually did a great job and somehow had managed to escape. Zhao growled before turning to me, " I think I know where the Avatar is headed. Pack and get ready, we leave tomorrow morning".