The Great Divide

So....Sokka was right about Jet and his gang, they tried to kill Sokka and destroy a town which thankfully didn't happen. Sokka escaped the gang and warned the town so now we were back on Appa, and the tension was high. Katara and I werent speaking to each other, while Sokka and I barely spoke to each other. I stared up at the night sky and sighed, what are you doing right now Zuko? " Hey, mind if I join you?" Aang came up behind me, " Go ahead ". Aang gave me a small smile " I'm sorry I haven't talked to you properly since you rejoined us, and I'm sorry for all the trouble you're having with Sokka and Katara". " That's not your fault, I guess friends just grow apart", " You guys aren't growing apart, your just having a bad fight. It'll pass I promise you".

I smiled at Aang before looking up at the moon, " Can I ask you to make a promise to me?", " Of course anything". " Take good care of them for me" " What do you mean? You'll be by our sides the whole time, wont you?" Aang gave me a sad look. " I wish I could, but its just too hard. Fighting with them every day takes alot out of me and I can't do it anymore". I quickly wiped the tears from my eyes before giving Aang a fake smile " Besides you three are team Avatar, you don't need me here taking your food and tiring out poor Appa". " Scarlett, are you really going to leave?" " Yeah, I've been thinking about it alot the last few days. I think it would be better for all of us if I left".

" But where are you going to go? You don't have any food or water or-" " I know Aang, but dont worry about me. I'll figure something out, you just make sure you save the world". " As the Avatar and as your friend, I can't let you walk away when you have no idea where you are or what you're going to do ". I sighed before lying back on the ground, " Like I said, I'll figure something out. I'll cross the canyon with you tomorrow, but then I'm leaving, and don't worry I'll do it at night so nobody has to know". " I know" I smiled before sitting up and pulling Aang in for a hug, " Please take care of them for me", I stood up and set my sleeping bag away from everyone else, I didn't want to disturb anyone but little did I know that Sokka and Katara were awake, listening to everything I said.

The next morning we made it to the starting point and waited for our guide. I noticed Katara and Sokka looked a bit upset this morning but decided to ignore it, we probably said something in a fight. We greeted our guide before being interrupted by two clans, one clan was dressed in white while the other were dressed like savages. " We're not crossing with them!!" Both clans yelled, " The next trip across wont be for another two days. You come now or wait" they both agreed " Good, now eat your food, we can't be travelling with food down there or else you'll attract creatures you don't want". " What about our sick and elderly? They need food" the two clans started to argue, I noticed it pissed Aang off and before I knew it he was yelling.

" Alright! Appa will fly your sick and elderly across with enough food and medicine to last them, is that fair?" The two clans nodded, before sitting down to eat. " Not too bad Aang" I smiled, " I need you to look after their sick and elderly while we cross" " What? I told you I was leaving" I whispered. " I know, but I cant do everything. I'm sending Katara and Sokka to the clans to find out why they hate each other. As the avatar I cant get involved without knowing the full story or else people will think I'm picking sides. That's why I need you to look after the people with Appa, you can give out equal food and medicine".

I sighed before pushing Aang, " Couldn't you have taken on responsibility after I left. Fine, I'll do it but this doesn't change anything. I'm still leaving when you cross" " I know, thank you Scarlett" " Yeah, yeah. Go on and be a leader". I helped the sick and elderly sit on Appa before making sure we had all the supplies we needed. " You three try not to kill each other down there" I smiled before noticing their sour faces, " Hey are you okay?" " We're fine, we'll see you on the other side" I was taken back when Sokka pulled me into a tight hug.

" Okay, be safe" I climbed onto Appa and gripped the reins, " Appa yip yip". Appa took off into the sky, I flew slowly so nobody could fall over or complain about bugs getting in their mouths. They probably won't make it across till sunset anyway, might as well take our time. Once we crossed the canyon, I helped everyone get comfortable before giving out water and medicine to those who needed it. This shouldn't take too long right? I kept watch of the canyon while Appa kept his eyes and ears peeled for attackers. A few hours in, Appa let out a growl.

I quickly put everyone on Appa's back and stood forward, waiting for the intruders to show themselves. To my surprise it was a group of fire nation soldiers, " What are you doing out here girl?" " Waiting for our clans to cross the canyon" I answered, " That could take a while, why don't you come with us. You can be tonight's entertainment on our ship" they smirked at me. " Like that will ever happen" I got in my fighting stance which made the soldiers laugh af me, " What are you going to do? Fist fight us?" " No, I'm going to do this" I sent a few fire balls their way before kicking fire at their feet, sending a few to the ground.

As they started to attack I sent Appa into the air, " Appa tell Aang I've been captured when they cross. For now, carry them to safety" I sent Appa off, I continued to fight the soldiers until Appa and the people on board were far enough away. I groaned when the soldiers pinned me to the ground and put me in handcuffs, " You're gonna regret this girl". I was dragged off and placed on a rhino, they rode off to the docks and dragged me onto a ship. Ugh, another fire nation ship.

I was dragged into a room and thrown onto the floor, " We found this one alone at the canyon. She put up a fight but we thought she might entertain you Captain". My head was forced up and my eyes widened when I realized I was staring at Zhao. He smirked at me as he stroked my cheek " Its nice to see you again Scarlett". I growled at him, causing Zhao to chuckle " Everyone leave".

I sat on the floor and waited as everyone left, once we were alone Zhao began to circle me slowly. " May I ask how, the banished prince's love interest was alone at the canyon?" " I wasnt alone, your soldiers kidnapped me" I spat. " Is Prince Zuko close by then?" " No, I haven't seen Zuko since that incident in the fire nation" " So you're with the avatar?" He smirked. " No, I'm not with anyone. I was with some elderly people when I was taken by your soldiers" " And how am I supposed to believe that?" " Ask your men" he smirked at me before stopping behind me.

" Everyone that is on my ship has to work" " Then let me go and you'll never have to see me again". Zhao began to laugh before he grabbed my face " And let Zuko's precious girl go? No, this is too good of an opportunity. I'm going to hurt Zuko with you" " I'm not hurting Zuko" " Oh trust me sweetheart, once he sees you on my ship he'll be heart broken".