Attack on the Water Tribe

I had locked myself in my room all day, they had faught with the water tribe, not even retreating when the moon was high in the sky. Zhao didn't care about risking his men when water benders were so powerful at night. I woke up that night to banging on my door, " Open this door now" Zhao. I stayed quiet, holding my hand over my mouth " Scarlett dont make me break this door down" Zhao threatened " Zhao if I have to argue with you one more time I wont go easy on you " Iroh yelled. Thank the spirits for Iroh, he was the only thing keeping me safe right now. " You wont be around to protect her forever Iroh" Zhao spat, after a few seconds of silence there was a light knock on the door.

" Scarlett open the door quickly before he comes back", I quickly opened the door and hugged Iroh, " We don't have much time, come on. Zuko has already left". I grabbed Iroh's hand and walked as quickly as we could to the deck of the ship, we ran to the ladder to get down but we were cornered by Zhao and his men. " Where do you two think your going?" Zhao smirked " To fight for the fire nation" Iroh lied. Zhao turned to me, I dropped my gaze as his footsteps got closer, stopping in front of me.

" Where were you going?" Zhao asked me, lifting his hand as he held a flame in it. " We-" " Zhao! She is just a child! Do not threaten her!". " We can deal with this later, right now I have a war to win". Zhao dragged Iroh and I into the water tribe, stopping when we made it to their holy grounds. " Scarlett?!" I turned my head in shock when I saw my friends standing only a few feet away from me. " Sokka? Aang?" " So its true? You were captured?" " Scarlett!" Zhao yelled my name, making me jump.

Zhao wrapped his arm around me, he raised his hand and lit a flame as his other hand held a bag with the spirit fish inside. " Zhao no!" I cried " Zhao! Dont do this! Even the fire nation need the moon, without it the world will lose all balance!" Iroh yelled. " You're right, I can't let the world turn into chaos" I looked at Zhao surprised when he put the fish back into the water. This isnt like him at all, he's going to kill the fish.

I wrapped my arms around Zhao and turned him around, " Zhao why dont we go back onto the ship. Forget about this attack and we can...go back to your chambers". " What?!" Everyone around me yelled, Zhao smirked down at me " That sounds perfect my love " Zhao pressed his lips against mine hard, pulling away with a disgusting smile.

" Scarlett what are you doing?!" Sokka yelled, " Shut up!" Zuko yelled at them, at least he knew what I was trying to do. Zhao suddenly picked me up and placed me over his shoulder, " Let's go, oh before I forget" " No!" I screamed. Zhao turned back to the pound, sending a huge blaze of fire, killing the fish instantly. The sky went red and I could feel myself becoming weaker as my water bending seemed like it was gone.

" You'll pay for this!" Iroh shot a fire ball at Zhao, I yelled in pain when Zhao used me as a shield. " Dont fire uncle! Not while he has Scarlett!". Zhao grinned at Zuko, " Don't tell me you're scared to fight me" " I can defeat you instantly. I don't want Scarlett to get hurt", Zhao growled before dropping me to the ground with a hard thud. I fell on my back, my hair spread out on the grass while my dress fell just above my knees. " Stay like that, I want to take you here on the holy land of my enemy while I make Zuko watch".

Zuko in anger shot relentlessly at Zhao, who seemed to block every attack. Iroh ran to my side and helped me up, " Hurry we must get out of here" " But Zuko". I turned to Zuko, my eyes widened as he fell to the ground. I ran as quickly as I could, standing in front of Zuko protecivly. Zhao laughed at me, " You cant protect him, you're too scared of me" " I know I'm terrified of you, after all those hours of torture. But I will not let you hurt him". Zhao growled in anger before attacking me, I easily avoided his attack and sent one of my own back.

I wasnt going to let him come any closer to us so I stepped forward with every attack I sent. Constantly sending attacks at Zhao, giving him no time to think nevermind send his own attack after me. " Scarlett!" " Zuko!" I turned as Zuko ran to me, pulling me out of the way, saving me from an attack Zhao had sent while I wasn't looking. The ground suddenly shook, I looked up in amazement as a huge water spirit started attacking the fire nation ships and soldiers.

Even from here I could notice Aang in the middle of the spirit, taking revenge for the death of the moon spirit. " No!" Zhao yelled as he threw harder attacks at us, Zuko and I both started fighting Zhao, trying to keep him where he was so Aang could save the small nation. " Zuko!" I yelled as a huge wave of water came towards us, Zuko dove on me, holding onto the bridge as the water got ahold of Zhao. " Zhao give me your hand" Zuko begged but Zhao refused, before being eaten by the water spirit.

I suddenly felt power flow through my body, I took a deep breath and looked at the sky, the moon shining brightly down on us. " Scarlett " Zuko pulled me into a tight hug, " Zuko I'm so glad your safe" " Come on let's go before we get arrested". I followed Zuko down to the gate, stopping when I saw my friends hugging each other. " You don't have to come with me. I'll understand if you choose your friends over me" I placed my hand on Zuko's cheek and smiled " Of course I choose you Zuko".