Healing

After about two weeks the doctor in board the ship had told me that my injury still wasnt healing, and at the rate it was healing I would need a healer if I was going to continue to bend. " This is ridiculous!" Zuko yelled " I'm sorry your highness but theres nothing more I can do, if she wants to get better than she needs a healer" " We'll stop at the next dock and see if there are any healers, don't worry Prince Zuko. Scarlett is a strong young lady" " I know but I cant sit here and watch her suffer like this". Zuko and Iroh both turned to look at me as I practiced my water bending, laughing when I spilled it on the floor.

" She seems fine to me" Iroh smiled " What he means Iroh, is that he feels uncomfortable with me walking around in my bandages because I'm not covered and Zuko doesn't want other guys looking at me". " WHAT?!" Zuko yelled and I laughed " Where did this come from?" " Zuko, your not the best at controlling your emotions" " I can control my emotions perfectly!!" He yelled, " Shes got a point" Iroh mumbled. " Zuko, remember last night when you used your bending against a solider who put his hand on my bare back" " I didnt like how he touched you". Iroh and I laughed as Zuko got frustrated, Zuko yelled out before stomping upstairs " Find the closest dock! We need a healer".

" I'm sorry my prince, but why are we wasting so much of our time on this girl? She's meant to be our prisoner not our guest. Shes a filthy water tribe peasant" a solider asks glaring at me. Zuko grabbed the soilder by the neck and glared at him " You say anything like that about my girlfriend again and I'll throw you overboard myself! Do I make myself clear?" " Yes sir" " Then find me a healer!". I blushed as Zuko looked at me " I'm your girlfriend?" " Of course you are" he smiled at me, " I wouldn't be spending time with you if I didnt care about you" he stroked my cheek. I blushed harder as he stared at me with his dreamy eyes and small smile " Scarlett" " Yeah?" I asked as I looked up at Zuko.

" I really like you, and I want you to come back with me when I return to the fire nation" " What? But I'm not from the fire nation" " I dont care, your my girlfriend and you will receive the same welcome back as me". I sighed as I looked at his happy face " Zuko, I cant come back with you" " Why not? Dont you like me?" " Of course I do, but the fire nation dont like the water tribe" " That's not true". " They've taken people from my tribe for over a hundred years Zuko. What will your father think if you bring me back and introduce me as your girlfriend?". Zuko sighed " Your right, he wouldnt be happy" "I'm sorry Zuko, but once you return to the fire nation.....we're over".

Zuko's eyes widened " What? No!" He grabbed my arms tight " I cant let you go that easily" " You cant take me with you Zuko, so that's how it has to end". " No it doesn't have to end that way, I'll find a way. I promise you Scarlett that I will find a way". " Your highness, we are approaching a dock!" " Good". We pulled up the docks and left the crew behind as Zuko, Iroh and myself asked around for a healer. " A healer? Oh you'd want Madam Iris, she's the best healer in town. She's at the other end of town you cant miss her shop" a kind villager smiled " Thank you so much". We walked around until we noticed the sign for the healer.

We went inside and was met by a receptionist " Hi we're here to see the healer" Iroh smiled " Do you have an appointment?" " Uh, no" Zuko answered. " No appointment, no healer" " Please, we've been at sea for two weeks and my friend here isnt getting any better" Iroh spoke up. " And what's wrong with her?" I turned around and showed her my back and arm " Oh my god, how did this happen?" She asked as I winced under her touch " She was sparing against fire nation soldiers and one burnt her". " With what?! Do you know how high his fire must have been to have done this. Go inside now, she needs it".

The receptionist pushed us into the room and we were greeted by an elder woman. " Good morning, what may I help you with?" She smiled. " My friend here got burnt pretty badly, we were hoping you could heal her". I sat in front of the elderly woman and winced when she put cold water on my back. I could see a glow from the corner of my eyes and gripped onto my pants as she tried to heal me. " So much skin and tissue has been burnt, you must be more careful girl. I can only imagine the pain your in". I bended some water while she healed me, " You can water bend?" " Yes, though I'm not very good at it" " Why dont you try heal your arm?" " I can do that?" " Of course, water bending is a noble art. Most water benders can heal, why dont you give it a try".

I moved the water in my fingers as I moved the water around my right arm. I winced in pain at the feeling and looked surprised as the water glowed blue. I moved my hand around my burn on my arm, after a while I pulled the water away from my arm and looked in shock when my burn had scared. " It doesnt hurt anymore!" " Unfortunately your burn will scar, it has been left too long to fully heal over" " Its alright, I dont mind having a few scars" " All done" the old woman smiled at me " Keep practicing your water bending, it will help you become very powerful one day". We left the shop and I couldn't help but smile " I'm finally healed" " Maybe we should find you a water bending teacher" Iroh spoke up as he rubbed his chin.

" What? she doesnt need a water bending teacher. She already excels in fire bending" Zuko argued. " But I have both abilities Zuko, it wouldnt feel right to excel in one and ignore the other" " What water bending master would travel with us? We're fire benders" " I'm sure we'll find someone on our travels Prince Zuko. For now let's return to the ship and relax".