The Scroll

" It hurts how distant Katara was being towards me, she treated me as if I was a fire nation soldier" " That's not true " " Its not? Then why doesn't she speak to me?" " Scarlett I'm not going to lie, it is pretty strange that you were treated as a guest on a fire nation ship, by the prince of the fire nation. And after that guy from before called you Zuko's girlfriend, shes just a bit on edge". " Sokka I'm not his girlfriend and I'm not betraying anyone. I was treated the way I was because I can fire bend" " How is that going by the way?" " Its fine, I'm basically a pro at fire bending now. But I still need to learn how to water bend ".

" There's your solution right there!" Sokka yelled, " What are you talking about?" " Katara and Aang both need to practice water bending, you can all bond or something " " That's actually not a bad idea" I smiled before running to the river. Katara was teaching Aang how to pull and push the water out, perfect they've already started. " Hey! Do you guys mind if I join your lesson?" " Sure!" Aang smiled while Katara scoffed. " I don't know how helpful itll be, it's not fire" she shot at me, " Katara I can bend water too. Please teach me" " Fine, but just remember I'm only doing this for Aang". Katara showed how to pull and push the water before giving Aang a try.

Aang got it on his first try " That's great Aang, Scarlett your turn" I took a deep breath in and thought to what Iroh said to me. Feel the power running through me, picture the colour, how it feels. I did the same move Katara and Aang did and I smiled when I was doing it. " Yes!" I cheered, " That's enough celebrating!" Katara yelled. Aang and I followed Katara's instructions and picked up on her few moves really quickly, " That's enough training for today!" She snapped before storming away. I looked at Aang confused " Is she mad at us?" " I think so, but why?" " Because you guys picked up on her moves faster than she did. Plus she's still mad at Scarlett for the fire nation thing".

I groaned before shooting a fire ball at the wall, " I wouldn't have been on that ship if you guys didn't leave me there in the first place! So don't get mad at me for surving my time with the enemy!". Katara laughed at me " Survived? You basically stayed in a hotel" " Oh yeah because hotels put you through hours of training, hours of arguments, hours of trying not to die. Oh I'm definitely sure hotels do this!". I pulled my shirt off and showed them my scars, all three of them ran over to me to look. " They look really bad" Aang whispered, Sokka grabbed me " Did that stupid prince do this to you?!" " What? No, it was one of the soldiers on board the ship".

" So much for being treated as one of them" Katara scoffed, " You know what Katara, I've helped you my entire life. I've always put your needs before mine and this is what I get in return? After being abandoned on that ship by you" I chuckled and stared at her " So much for family". I walked off into the water and started practicing my bending by myself, I didnt need that idiot to help me with anything. I watched as the three of them left me by myself, once I knew I was alone I put my head in my hands before throwing my head back and yelling, fire scorching the air as I did.

I cant believe I wasted so many years looking out for them, especially when they've betrayed me so easily. I used my anger to power my water bending training, Iroh always warned me not to use my hatred to bend but right now I didn't have any other motivation. I was getting so frustrated not being able to water bend that I ended up shooting a fire into the air. I sat down in the water and cried, why did I have to be dragged into all of this? Why couldn't I just be normal?

Appa settled on the ground, letting the people I once called friends down. " That was too close Katara" Sokka sighed " But that was a water bending scroll, it belongs to our people" " I don't care. Its over now" " Or is it?" Katara pulled a scroll out of her sleeve making the boys gasp. " Katara!" Sokka yelled " You stole from pirates" " They stole it from us first, besides Aang needs it to learn water bending". I rolled my eyes and sighed, I walked into the forest and set up a small camp,
I got some firewood and set it ablaze with my bending. I think Sokka heard me because he came running with a bag of food to cook.

We went to bed once it was dark but I couldn't sleep, my mind was racing. Everyone is asleep. Should I do it? Should I do it? Should I just leave now? I mean sure I have no money or clothes but maybe I could make a life for myself somewhere. I watched as Katara took the scroll and walked down to the river. She's still such a stupid kid. I turned over to Sokka, he was snoring like his usual self. I rolled onto my back and closed my eyes. Maybe I'll stay with them until we get to the north pole. That way I'll be able to learn water bending, then I can leave knowing I can use both my bending to their full potential.

I was suddenly grabbed, my eyes widened as they tied my hands behind my back and dragged me away. Sokka and Aang were in the same position as me, what the hell was happening? We were dragged to the river bank and tied to separate trees, I tried to pull against my restraints when I noticed who was behind all of this. Zuko.

I kept my head down, hoping he wouldn't notice me but I was wrong. " Scarlett" he grabbed my face and forced me to look at him " I thought you were dead" " Its obvious I'm not" " When you didn't come back to the ship I thought-" " Why would I go back to the ship with you?". Zuko looked at me taken back, " Because we're together" " I knew it!" Katara yelled. " Zuko we werent together, and you left me in that temple to die". " That's not true!" " Its not? Then why did you run away and leave me while I was tied to the pillar?". " You can sort your little love bird problems out later, I want my scroll back!". " This discussion isnt over", I sighed this is going to take forever.