ωнιтє - 하나 - σиє

(WHITE)

☆★☆★

ѕнє ¢ℓσѕє∂ нєя єуєѕ, ℓαѕнєѕ gяαzιиg ραℓє ¢нєєкѕ. 

It had been a long day. The weeks seemed to be growing longer, stretched as if time was a piece of gum stuck to a shoe, and her mind wasn't helping her overcome the constant monotony.

The sound of the shower activating filled her ears, but she didn't enter the stream of water; just stared at it with dull eyes, as if too tired to move even that one small step. She would never be good enough, so why keep trying?

Why not just collapse on the couch and eat junk food all day and do nothing but watch television for hours on end?

Just for a day. Just for a moment, just for an hour. Yeah. Sounds good.

The water hit her back. She stared at her reflection in the fogged glass, her arms drooping at her sides as she took herself in. Limp red hair, deep rings beneath her maroon eyes. Near-skeletal, her limbs nearly hanging off her once strong, once stocky body.

She looked too old to be only seventeen.

She wanted to cry, but no tears came. She was fresh out, unfortunately. With a dry laugh, she stepped out of the shower and wrapped her towel around herself, the tide of water stopping slowly, the bathroom door creaking open. She remembered to oil the hinges, but didn't really have any time to do so.

Office work really wasn't treating her well.

What she would have given to be strong and powerful like her goddamn brother, but she wasn't- and there was not anything she could do about it.

She threw herself onto it with a sigh and a wince. Her parents wouldn't come home until six o'clock, so she should have a few hours left to sleep before leaving.

She yawned and pulled the covers over her head.

...

She was on the streets, both her daggers  sheathed and hidden in the back of her trousers. There had been a low-rank dungeon opening before she could properly drift asleep, so she had left early. 

As she neared the gate, flashing her licence, she frowned- the gate's colour was slightly off, swirling patterns of gold mixed with the blue and white. She brushed off her worry and joined the mass in front of the gate, her hand on the pommel of her blades.

As they entered, her eyes widened. The gate flickered, turning red.

"Miss Dae! Watch out!" 

She ducked the spear, a few strands of her hair caught on the blade. When she looked up, her eyes opened wide.

"This is not an E-ranked gate." She swallowed, her mouth suddenly dry. "This is a-" 

The older man beside her nodded, resigned. "A red gate. I'm sorry, young'un. We're dead."

Dae looked up, her eyes tracing the grotesque creatures before the raiding party -musclebound High Orcs, their faces contorted in manic grins as they charged.

The attack force scattered, some people slamming against the red wall between the  dimension and their home world before being picked to pieces.

"Fuck. I'm gonna haunt whoever tested this gate as E-rank," A girl muttered absently, her voice rising to a scream as her arm was ripped from it's socket.

And eaten.

Dae's breath came in short, panicked bursts. She couldn't help the laughter that spilled from her lips, bubbling, terror-filled, as she edged her way along the wall. Her brother would probably be happy when she died- no more dead weight, hanging him down, but she wasn't even weighing him down, was she? because she wasn't his sister, and he'd cut ties with her - and gods, she really was going to die, wasn't she? Here in this forsaken place with no-one to see her or cry for her or love her or even see her be torn apart.

Did that matter?

A life was such a small thing. Such a small thing, yet it could change the world or make it worse, if one tried.

If one was capable of doing so.

She wasn't.

An orc sneered at her, it's hammer raised as it lumbered towards her. She managed to dodge it's first blows, but the next crumpled her like a ball of paper and sent her rolling down a branching tunnel. She slammed into the wall and lay, the hole in her stomach seemingly too surprised to bleed for a moment before pouring out onto the stony ground. 

She retched. Sighed. Watched the blood leak out of her stomach.

Interesting. What was she doing? Dissecting something for a science project? What animal was it again?

Something nudged her, the smell of ozone filling her nostrils.

The last thing Dae Choi saw was white. White scales, strangely soft against her cheek, warm as the cloak that  the darkness draped over her shoulders, it's black hood covering her eyes.

.

☆★☆★