gяєу-셋-тняєє

(GREY)

☆★☆★

ιт тσσк σиє нσυя.

One hour for him to clear the dungeon of orcs and to defeat the boss- one hour for him, alongside his army of shadows, to achieve something that would usually take a whole day.

And as her home was slowly falling to pieces around her, she gestured for Chin-hae to lift the hatchlings onto her back, the dark figure of jinwoo darting behind them. 

And just as the gate was closing they launched out of it and into the centre of Seoul, surrounded by a group of the strongest hunters in Korea.

And, behind them jinwoo smiled- a killer's smile, sharp with a scalpel-like intelligence. He opened his mouth.

"Welcome back. Dae."

☆★☆★

Chin-hae reared backwards.

"How do they know your name, little ant? Are these people allies or enemies?"

She gathered them in the tent of her wings. Dae swallowed her gasp- the hatchlings' injuries weren't fatal, only intended to slow them down.

Hers was the same.

Was Jinwoo hiding something?

She pushed her worry down into her stomach and swallowed.

Outside stood the hunter's guild. Outside, there stood a boy-now a man, with hair red as hers. Her parents' joy. The boy she used to wrestle with. The boy who used to ruffle her hair and tell her that he would love her, no matter what. Told her that siblings stuck together.

But that was a lie, wasn't it?

He left her, in the end.

The all left her, in the end.

Choi jong-in.

She swallowed once more. Took a breath, and looked upwards. Placed a hand on li-ra's shoulder.

"I must talk to them, Chin-hae. Whether they're allies or not."

Dae slipped through Chin-hae's wings and moved towards the gathered hunters, her red eyes glinting a little. Jinwoo moved to her side and she turned to glare at him, then back to the man at the head of the group.

"Hello, Choi jong-in. An honour to meet you again, sir."

Her brother eyed her cautiously.

"Dae- how? I thought you had died in there. And what's with these monsters that followed you out?"

Chin-hae growled. Dae declined to answer his question.

"I'm sorry that I didn't die out there, sir. Would you have liked me to? I personally wouldn't have minded it, actually," She mused, "But I made some friends."

Choi nodded to her chest, no worry glinting in his eyes.

"You're probably going to die soon if you don't get that treated, though."

Dae rolled her eyes. "It's not bad. I'll be fine. Thanks for worrying about me, sir."

Kei-rin rolled out from Chin-hae's wings.

"DON'T HURT HER OR I'LL KILL YOU, HUMANS!"

She roared- or more squeaked, spreading her wings. She was only the size of a small cow, but was still enough to make the hunters rear back, their eyes widening.

"They can't understand you, Kei. Sssh. Go back."

Kei-rin dug in her toes as Dae attempted to push her back, her scaly face stubborn.

"i'm healed, so I can do human-squishing any time I want."

"No,no, nope- no human squishing. These humans will kill you if you so much as put a toe on them. Go back, go back."

Kei-rin obeyed, lolloping back into the safety of Chin-hae's enormous shadow. Dae remained silent and watched, one hand over the hole in her chest, her teeth gritted. Despite the way she had made light of it, it hurt. A lot.

Jinwoo noticed and frowned, his voice rising above the chaos. "You really should get that treated."

"You were the one who stabbed me in the first place."

He rolled his eyes and threw her a phial of strange liquid. "Drink that." 

Dae smiled, lifted it to her lips, and twitched her hand. She didn't trust this one bit.

The phial shattered all over his clothes, staning them with the foul-smelling liquid, and the noise all around them quietened. The entire guild's eyes were on the hunter before her. Dae rolled her eyes. 

"Hey, what's the big deal-"

Jinwoo's eyes widened.

And she froze.

Blue and emotionless, The eyes of a monster met hers.

But then he smiled and pointed at her, a challenge spread over his face. "Well, since you've got me damp, you might as well dry me out, Dae."

She replied with a smile of her own. He wanted her to set him on fire.

She wanted to set him on fire, but...

"I don't think I will."

It would be more fun adding a little pain to his life.

She wiped a fleck of blood from her shirt and watched it fall to the ground. "Why should I clean you up when you can easily do it yourself, asshole?"

☆★☆★

 I'll go back and edit this when I have time. I probably won't be able to update next week, but i'll compensate for that with a double chapter later. Thank you everyone for your support!