яє∂-넷-fσυя

(RED)

(RED)

☆★☆★

ωнєи ѕнє α¢тυαℓℓу тнσυgнт αвσυт ιт, ∂αє ∂ι∂и'т яєαℓℓу яєgяєт αgяєєιиg тσ ωσяк fσя тнє αнנιи gυιℓ∂.

For one, the food was good, much better than takeaway, and it was free (Courtesy of Jin-ho, of course.) As a bonus, she had managed to stay away from Jinwoo for the last few weeks. Although he'd said he wouldn't stop following her, she hadn't noticed him.

The one major problem that had her pacing the office, her teeth gritted in concentration, was the issue of keeping Chin-hae and the younger dragons safe from being noticed. There had been recent reports from civilians of seeing strange movement around the park where they were trapped, and it wasn't healthy for them to have to stay in one place for so long.

She knew the solution, but she just couldn't face it just yet.

Catching Jin-ho's stare, she raised an eyebrow. "Yes?"

"Ah- It's eight o'clock, Dae. Shouldn't you be going?"

A blink. That late already? She hadn't noticed. "Y-yeah. I'll start home. Thanks, Jin-ho."

"'you okay?"

"Yeah. Thanks for asking."

The doorway spat her out onto the cold streets. Pulling up the hood of her jacket, she paced out onto the rain-slicked streets and towards the train station.

☆★☆★

Now, Choi Dae never intended to max out one of her brother's two credit cards, it was just something that had happened. She'd never intended  to somehow memorize his number and pin off by heart. She'd never intended  to spend all his credit on secretly paying for the renovations of the already high-tech kitchen at the Ahjin guilds' headquarters and a whole load of (very shiny) cutlery they didn't need, you see- it had just happened.

But she also hadn't intended to drive her brother so mad that he stormed into her room at her parents' place and found her halfway towards the door with a pile of boxes in her hands.

He had flames coming out of his nostrils.

She prided herself on keeping a straight face and cocking her head to the side. "Choi Jong-in? Why're you here?"

"You know why I'm here, Dae."

An innocent blink was all he was rewarded with. "You haven't voluntarily spoken with me for two years, so why now, Jong-in?"

"I spoke with you a few weeks ago, Dae," He dismissed, calming. She didn't let him see the relief flicker over her face. She was somewhat strong, but she knew she couldn't beat an angry S-rank no matter how hard she tried.

"Sure. But not willingly, I gather."

His anger seemed to be rising again. "I haven't seen you in four years, Dae."

She shrugged.

 "It was your fault you got stuck in that gate. You could have known. And what of those stupid lizards you brought with you? What trauma could you have gone through to become attached to monsters? You could have died, Dae."

Monsters?

He was calling the people she loved monsters?

"You're the monster," She muttered helplessly, eyes narrowing. This conversation had blown out of control faster that she expected. She felt herself losing the teasing nature she had adopted earlier, her smirk slipping through her fingers like smoke. He was stronger than her and she was helpless in her fury because he could snap her neck whenever he wanted. She grasped for he calm but it was gone so she gave up.

"It was better than being here," Dae spat. "It was better than wasting away and being forgotten here. That's why I fought when Sung Jin-woo tried to get me to return."

The air around them turned red-hot. Jong-in snarled.

"I missed- I missed you. And you come back and you- you say this and suddenly I don't miss you so much anymore."

Lies. Lies, lies, lies. So many lies he'd told her. He missed her? Sure. Sure, Jong-in.

She was angry. It burnt through her bones, just like the fire coiling in her veins. "Maybe I should have died there, then," She hissed. "Maybe I should have died and then you'd be fucking happy then, you bastard."

The silence in the room was unexpected and Jong in was still for a moment.

He opened his mouth. The doorhandle he'd been gripping the whole time shattered as the flood of power that had filled the room retreated.

"Don't say that, Dae," Jong-in whispered. Swallowed.

"You're lucky that you weren't an  S-rank, you know," He murmured, downcast. "You're lucky that Mother didn't turn you into a soldier."

Dae narrowed her eyes. Curiosity flickered over her face. It looked like there was something Jong-in wanted to say- something he couldn't say.

☆★☆★

Thanks everyone for your support!

So I honestly wasn't going to publish this but I might as well

I hope you liked this chapter. Have a great day/night, everyone!