яє∂-하나-σиє

(RED)

(RED)

☆★☆★

тнє ѕєяρєитιиє fσям ℓιfтє∂ ιт'ѕ нєα∂.

A cobra-like hood flared on it's neck, one of those tattoos etched into it's scales. The rasaka hissed, slitted eyes watching her hungrily.

 Well, what do we have here? Here yes. Deliciouss little red beetle.

Dae frowned. "Hey, idiot. I'm no beetle." Her Demon-speak was husky, accented to the rasaka's ears. It reminded the rasaka of white scales, wings. Fire, the sound of a small dragon leaping away. The burn on the snake's side throbbed. Could this beetle be associated with the newcomers, invading it's territory?

The rasaka cocked it's head to one side.

"A talking beetle then."

Dae took one step back. Listened for that rustle in the trees-the sound of her follower narrowing in on her.

Teach her brother that she didn't need protection of any sort. Advancing towards the serpent, she traced one finger over the black, tattooed scales.

"Who did this to you?"

It cocked it's head, calculating; why was the beetle asking it questions?

 "I don't know."

Well that's a great lot of help, isn't it? Dae grit her teeth, her fingers glowing red-hot. The rasaka reared, fangs dripping with poison. Dae leapt upwards,laying one hand on the scales, melting them off and pulling a knife from her pocket as the beast thrashed. Smashed it downwards into it's head.

A fast death. The least she could give the poor thing. She looked up into the silent trees and sighed.

"Well? Aren't you gonna come out and say hi?"

Dae caught a flash of blue eyes before the presence disappeared.

Sung Jin-woo will always be terrible at hiding his presence.

☆★☆★

"HI! ITS THE AHJIN GUI-" Dae dropped the phone, clasping her hands to her ears for a moment, then raising it to her ear again.

"HOW CAN I HELP YOU?"

"You can turn your voice down. Then you can put me on to jin-woo."

"WHO- who are you?"

"Who're you?"

There is a pause, a crackling. In the background of the call, the receptionist voice mutters 'crap, I forgot.'

"Um, i''m Yoo Jin-Ho. And you?"

"Just tell him that Dae needs to speak with him. He's gotta be ready in fifteen minutes. His office."

She hung up, irritation burning in her eyes. He's managed to get the kid of a big corporation as his receptionist? How far had the world come since she left?

Placing her hands on the park bench, she stretched her back and stood, yawning. It took ten minutes to walk from the park to the Ahjin guild's headquarters; it would take her five to collect herself.  She needed to get him to stop following her.

There were some things she had done that she preferred to be kept silent, and she wouldn't be able to keep them that way with his interference- if he found out, her family would do worse than ignore her.

And she might very well be arrested by the same friendly police officer she'd spoken to  just a day ago.

Dae stops at the door of a high-rise, flicking the Maps tab off on her phone. The building used to be empty and dark, but now it was alight; bustling with black-clad forms swarming the lower levels as they took their breaks or ordered coffee from some sort of cafeteria, looking up at symbol of the Ahjin Guild above their heads.

She sighed and hoped that she wouldn't have to cause too much of a scene, the soft scuff of her boots on the tiled floor echoing through the lobby.

Leaning on the counter, Dae surveyed the son of the greatest construction company head- he was srawny, a little nervous, friendly-looking. Obviously very loyal to Jinwoo. Not much of a threat, but seemingly oblivious to who she was.

"Yoo jin-ho, huh? Nice to meet you."

The blonde man cocked his head to the side. "Ah, you too?"

"Dae. Nice to meet you."

Yoo jin-ho's eyes widened. "Aaah. The grumpy caller. You sounded really pissed."

Dae grinned at his surprise, red eyes glinting. "I'm still pissed."

He laughed. "Yeah, well, not at me thank gods."

Leaning forwards, she let her eyes flash once more. "You hear anything, You keep it quiet, yeah?"

"That's how it works, Dae Choi. I know what i'm s'posed to be doing, contrary to your beliefs."

Well, her attempts at being threatening were really very effective, weren't they? Dae paused. Leaned further forwards until Jin-ho's nose almost touched hers. He maintained his cheeky grin, but his eyes widened. She smirked.

"You stay quiet, yeah? Or I'll-"

And sure, that was the perfect time for Jinwoo to walk in.

☆★☆★

UNEDITED- DRAFT

Well how'd you like Dae's failed attempt at being a badass? How do you think she will react to Jinwoo?

Have great day and thanks for reading!