gяєу-하나-σиє

(GREY)

(GREY)

☆★☆★

ѕнє яємємвєяє∂ нιм.

He was taller and stronger, give or take, but his hair is the same night-black. His fingernails still cropped short and neat- a habit, he'd told her. And he still wore the same jumper, blue, just like the day he left her.

But his eyes, widening with recognition-

They were cruel. The world had made a monster of him too.

She knew that he came to clear the dungeon, even though he came alone. She knew it instinctually, fear prickling the back of her neck. 

"Dae? Dae Choi?" His question stilled the flurry of her thoughts. "Is that you?"

One of his hands reached out to her, beckoning, tempting her with a rush of memories-

His lips on hers, warm arms on a cold day. A soft smile, a whisper of forever, dreams beckoning. 

But she pulled from the tide. That joy, he had extinguished when he laughed at her with the others. When he turned his back, leaving as they all would when the truth came to light.

He wished to rob her of the thing that she treasured most.

She would not let that happen, no matter how strong he was, no matter her past ties.

No matter the fact that she still wanted to smile at the sight of him.

"Jinwoo," Dae laughed, the corners of her mouth twitching up in a sneer. "Were you happy when they told you that I was dead? Did you smile?"

Flames kindled at her fingers. "You come near my family, you die."

His brow wrinkled. "your family?"

She flicked one of her fingers, spitting a tiny beam of molten fire towards him. He moved out of the way easily, frowning. A Shadow coalesced before him- a summon, she noted with surprise. He didn't have those powers earlier, but then again, she had grown as well.

She darted forwards, sending two small beams from her fingertips to sever it's head. It regenerated. She swore. Tool a deep breath and pushed a constant stream of flame from her mouth, watching as the summon regenerated and then was rent apart again, again, again.

What she hadn't noticed was him behind her until the blade grazed her throat. She pushed backwards into his chest and bent below the blade easily, eyes glowing the red of thousands of embers, her red hair flickering with flames as she giggled, a strange excitement overwhelming her fear.

"You've gotten a lot stronger, Jinwoo!"

She threw a kick at his head. A blast of superheated air followed it, pushing him back. He swallowed. Sighed.

"Igris."

Another shadow materialized. It would have stood nearly up to the height of Chin-hae's knee, but she could feel the power radiating from it, warm yet cold at the same time, biting her to the bone.

Dae twisted, bending her legs to push her up onto the shadow's back. It wore armor, so she would probably only have to dig her fingers beneath it's neck plate and shoot another long blast of energy through that.

She did so, keeping the stream of flame up until her feet hit the rocky floor, the shadow dissipating, and- with no pause, she launched herself at Jinwoo, her hands wrapping around his neck. He gasped, eyes wide as her fingers heated, scorching his skin, the stench of burning flesh filling the air.

His knife pierced her shoulder and she screamed, that manic smile wiped from her face, metallic warmth on her tongue, red spilling to the stone below her feet.

She pulled away from him. Just when she though her feet were steady, she was thrown backwards into the wall by some force as he advanced, eyes glowing blue, boots clicking on the floor, blood spattering his clothes and the eyes of hundreds of souls watching from his shadow.

"Easy," He muttered.

And when he sank his knife into her chest, she fell into the tide of blue that beckoned.

☆★☆★