Chapter 11

You left Loki with the blush on his cheeks and the surprised look on his face. You grinned, amused that you were able to unsettle him so easily and took your seat at the table. You saw the look in his eyes as you did. It was a look of admiration and one that clearly said 'I like her'. He glanced over at Thor, that same look in his eyes.

Thor groaned. The pair were clearly siblings to be able to communicate so clearly without words.

Wanda bounced over and sat on one side of you, where she always did. Puppies tended to absolutely adore Omegas and Wanda was no exception. She was 15, close to presenting, but still had enough puppy qualities that she wanted to stay by your side as often as possible. She hadn't had a normal childhood, or any childhood really, not with what Hydra had put her through. They'd experimented on her to give her her magic. You and the team were trying to give her as normal of a life as you could now, though she wanted to be an Avenger at the same time. So she split her life between normal teenage things like school and friends and being an Avenger.

Usually, Nat sat on your other side. She was your closest friend among the team. She was also a Beta and as such didn't have the Alpha temper for you to have to soothe. Nor did you have to worry about her claiming you at all, much less unplanned, which was always a concern with the Alphas in the group. You trusted that none of them would, but... mistakes happened. Nat had also taken you under her wing for training and treated you like the little sister that she called you.

However, Loki seemed to have other ideas as the rest of the team were all taking their usual seats. You could feel their eyes on you. They tried not to be obvious about it, but they were watching your interaction with Loki carefully. They had to make sure that Loki wasn't doing anything improper. It was a normal reaction to a strange Alpha. Loki didn't look offended by that. He did look offended by Nat trying to sit next to you. He clearly wanted that spot for himself.

You couldn't help but be amused with the rest of the team by the Alpha and god glaring down at the tiny assassin, who was glaring right back up at him. It should have been a terrifying sight, but the pair just looked ridiculous.

"Brother! Let me teach you of the 'rock, paper, scissors'!" Thor exclaimed in his usual booming, exuberant manner. You couldn't help giggling at the display and the subsequent 'lesson' of Thor trying to show Loki how rock, paper, scissors worked and how it was a mortal way of breaking up an argument.

You had to hold in your laughter at the disgusted look on Loki's face and the put-upon one as he reluctantly used his newly acquired rock, paper, scissors skills to best Nat and get the chair next to you. He smirked at Nat and had a look of childish glee as he took the seat next to you elegantly.

"Well done," you told him, mirth in your voice at the display between him and Nat. At least he was interesting if nothing else. There was hardly going to be a dull moment with Loki around.

He gave you a boyish, charming grin. "Thank you, Elskling," he said fondly.

"What does that mean?" You asked. The rest of the team had taken seats around the table and the dishes were being passed around so everyone could fill their plates.

Loki gave you a fond smile. "It means 'darling'," he explained. You blushed at that. You hadn't known each other for even a full day, yet, and he was already calling you 'darling'. And had been since he first met you.

Yeah, he felt the call to you, just as you felt to him.

"Brother, did you cheat at the rock, paper, scissors?" Thor asked. His tone wasn't disapproving, just... expecting that Loki had cheated. Though you had no idea how someone would even be able to cheat at rock, paper, scissors.

Instead of a snarky comment demanding how anyone could cheat at such a feat, Loki gave Thor a far-too-innocent look. "Would I do that?" He asked, his voice dripping with false innocence and a hint of sarcasm. What was he up to?

"In a heartbeat," Thor replied in a deadpan and without hesitation. You looked between the two brothers, confused. You weren't the only one as the entire team was watching the scene with interest and confusion. Thor chuckled. "Loki is the god of mischief and lies," he reminded them.

"Also chaos and stories," Loki grumbled under his breath. "They always forget stories."

"God of stories?" You asked, since he clearly wanted to talk about that one.

He lit up in delight. "Yes, it's the newest of my godhoods, so everyone forgets about it." But it was the one he was clearly the proudest of. "I collect stories and can tell arguably the best ones," he explained further when he saw that you were still interested. He seemed to bask in the attention and was so happy to have positive attention on himself. "And my idiot brother believes that I would use magic to influence the competition to sit beside you, Elskling,"

You raised an eyebrow "Would you?" You asked him.

He gave you a dominant growl-purr, one that Alphas had naturally and made your heart flutter when you heard it, especially coming from him. "Without a shadow of a doubt,"