Chapter 34

"Thousands of years?" You asked incredulously as you looked up at him in shock. You knew that the Asgardians were gods. You knew of their powers and their skills, but all of the Avengers had powers and skills. Somehow, it hadn't quite clicked that the brothers were already centuries old.

Loki nodded, giving you a gentle look as you took in that information. He cuddled you close and pet your hair, an Alpha soothing his Omega. "Yes, Elskling. Thor is around 1500 years old and I'm 1050," he explained. "We live to 5000 years or so,"

"But... I'm not Asgardian," you reminded him. You weren't going to live as long as the literal gods.

Loki chuckled and touched the mark on your neck. "You will now, Elskling. You're my mate," he told you matter-of-factly.

"I can't get immortality just from the mating bond," you told him. You'd never heard of such a thing happening.

Loki shook his head. "No, of course not. You'll get immortality from Idun's Apple, the golden apple of immortality, which you're entitled to as my mate," he explained as if that were obvious. You were going to be immortal. That was a lot to take in.

Something else came to you, then, and your anxiety spiked. "Loki... you're a prince on Asgard..." you said softly, slowly. You were just an Omega Midgardian. You weren't good enough for him. Didn't he have to choose a mate for status?

Loki quickly captured your lips in a breathtaking kiss. He didn't let it end until your mind was blank and you had to breathe. Loki's fingers remained under your chin, forcing you to meet his eyes while you caught your breath. "Elskling, don't even think for a moment that you are unworthy of me. Your soul calls to mine and mine to yours. We are destined for each other as true mates," he promised you. "And you will be coronated as a princess of Asgard when we are next there,"

"A... princess?" You understood the concept, but couldn't quite believe it was happening to you. "I can't be a princess~" you protested, sounding a bit too much like Mia Thermopolis in your own mind, though you knew Loki wouldn't know the reference. There was a lot of Midgardian pop culture to catch him up on.

Loki kissed your forehead. "You'll make a great princess, my little omega," he reassured you warmly. "Mother will love you. She's the best healer in the realm and she'll adore having another pair of hands. But there's no reason to worry about all that yet. It'll be awhile before we return to Asgard,"

You gripped onto that bit of knowledge. You had time. Time to come to grips with all of this. You nodded and relaxed. Then saw the mark on Loki's neck. It was healing incredibly fast, thanks to his godliness and healing abilities. The wound was already healed and the mating mark was coming in. You'd been expecting that it would match yours, but realized now, that was a stupid assumption. Of course, his mark would be something that related to you just as your mark was Loki's symbol and therefore represented him.

You watched as the mark appeared before your eyes. It was a halo and feathered wings: a universally known symbol of a healer, outlined in the color of your magic. It represented you perfectly and looked surprisingly good on his neck.

You reached out to touch it carefully. "It's perfect," you told him, still awed at the bond being complete. You'd never heard of such a thing, but it was amazing to feel now that you had.

"You're perfect, my Omega," Loki purred softly. He pulled you into another kiss before he finally asked the question you knew you were both dreading. "Shall we show the team?"

The pack missed you and were worried about you. They would want to see that you were happy, now that the heat was entirely gone. You knew that they would also not hesitate to kill Loki if they thought he'd done anything inappropriate to their Omega. He'd been a perfect gentleman, a perfect Alpha, a perfect dom.

But you had to convince them of that.

You nodded "Yes, I'm sure they've missed us," you agreed, dreading this, but excited to tell them how happy you were at the same time.