Chapter 16

You woke to the sun hitting your eyes through your bedroom window. You were tucked in your bed with a plushie in your arms. That was not at all abnormal. What was abnormal was that you didn't remember going to bed last night. The last thing you remembered was watching the movie with Loki.

And you'd totally stayed awake through the movie, despite how nice it had felt to be warm and safe in Loki's arms. And how comfortable you'd been.

Yup... you'd definitely fallen asleep on him.

And somehow made it to your own bed.

The only logical explanation was that it was Loki's doing. That wasn't really surprising. It was an Alpha's duty to see to the needs of any Omega in his care. While you'd been home alone with Loki, you were definitely in his care. It wasn't unreasonable for him to carry you to bed. It would've been very unreasonable for him to carry you to your den as that was a private sacred space.

You sat up slowly, looking for evidence that it really was Loki who had carried you to bed last night. It could have technically been one of the others after they'd returned to the tower last night, though you were sure that would've woken you when they returned.

You saw the plushie in your arms. That was definitely proof enough that it had been Loki. It was a brand new plushie. You had no doubts about that since it was a Lokibear that fit perfectly in your arms. You hadn't had a Lokibear yet as build-a-bear didn't have a Lokibear. The Lokibear was plush and comfortable and scented to smell like Loki. Yep. He'd definitely tucked you in last night. You nuzzled the Lokibear, taking in Loki's scent from him. It was absolutely perfect. You climbed out of bed to find that you were wearing the same clothes you had been the previous night. Loki had definitely put you to bed, then, as it would be beyond rude for him to change your clothes while you were asleep.

Since he hadn't claimed you yet anyway.

You didn't feel like wearing real clothes, though, and found clean pajamas to wear: too big sweatpants and an adorably fwumpy shirt. You found your fluffy slippers and fluffy robe, then cuddled your Lokibear in your arms and went to find the real Loki and apologize for falling asleep on him last night. It wasn't surprising for an Omega to be carrying a comfort toy. It was quite a common sight as it helped keep Omegas calm to have a comfort friend with them.

Loki wasn't hard to find. He was sleeping on the couch in your living room. That was surprising. Why wasn't he in his own bed? And where was the team? Surely, they would have come to check on you when they got back to the tower. They were overprotective of their Omega.

You didn't want to wake him, but you needed answers. So you did the safe thing and started the coffee maker. That was usually just enough to wake a sleeping Alpha, but it wasn't technically you waking him, so it was ok. It was a weak loophole at best.

Loki groaned and stirred at the smell of coffee. Your plan worked and he sat up slowly. "Elskling?" He asked, adorably groggy with his hair all mussed from how he'd been sleeping.

You gave him a warm smile. "Sorry, Lune, did I wake you?" You asked innocently.

He chuckled, noting your innocence and clearly not believing it. "It's alright," he told you warmly and ran his fingers through his hair to smooth it down and get it in some semblance of order.

"Do you want coffee?" You asked him as you got the mugs out. Lokibear was sitting on the counter supervising, as was his job. You'd grill Loki for answers after you gave him apology coffee for waking him up.

"Do you have tea?" He asked a bit sheepishly. He didn't want to put you out if you didn't have any. You nodded and made him a mug of tea. You brought the two cups over to the couch and took your seat after you'd given him his mug of tea. Then you went to rescue Lokibear and bring him over to sit on your lap while you sipped on your coffee. It was vital that Lokibear stay with you.

"Thank you for making sure I got to bed last night," you told him.

He inclined his head. "It was the least I could do, Elskling," he looked over your appearance and you saw the approval with how adorable you looked. He also realized how comfortable you had to be with him to be in such casual clothes in his presence.

"Did the team not come back?" You asked, concerned about them. They weren't usually gone overnight on missions. At least not all of them at once.

Loki shook his head. "No, they have not returned yet. Lady Natasha sent a message through the Jarvis computer," he explained, wrinkling his nose in disdain at the AI, which made you giggle. "She apologized for the inconvenience and said the mission was taking longer than expected. They are due to return today." You nodded, accepting that. "She also made sure to remind me that I am to care for you while they are gone," he added in a huff, as if he wouldn't take care of an Omega. You knew he would keep you safe. Not that you needed protection in the tower. You had a feeling Nat might've threatened him again. She really was overprotective. It was expected since you were still unmated, which could make Alphas stupid.

You giggled at that. "They're overprotective," you said apologetically. "But it looks like you're stuck with me awhile longer," you told him, feeling perfectly comfortable with him and with teasing him.

He gave you a very predatory grin which made your stomach flutter and something much lower melt. "That, my dear, is exactly what I desire,"