Chapter 42

/Aunt May is here/ Loki warned you as you got the room finally aired out of the oppressive, overwhelming scent of new Omega. Everyone called May 'Aunt May', though only Peter was related to her. Somehow, it had become her official name.

You heard the shower turn off. /Pete just got out of the shower. We'll be down in a minute. Think you can hold her off?/ you asked Loki. It wouldn't do Peter any good to have Aunt May burst in when he was already anxious and overwhelmed. Aunt May would definitely burst in to try to help.

/I can stall her. Hurry,/ Loki replied and ended the connection. Even he had a healthy respect for Aunt May. She was a human with no powers, but that didn't make her any less formidable.

Peter came back into the room, dressed in clean clothes, his hair still damp from the shower. You turned your attention back to him. He needed you. You trusted that Loki would be able to handle Aunt May for a few minutes. You pulled Peter into your arms. "Feeling better?" You asked him gently. He returned the hug and nuzzled close, definitely an Omega.

"Yes. Thank you, Meimei," he replied. His voice still sounded a bit off. The poor pup had had a long day, and it still wasn't over yet.

"Your aunt is here," you told him when you were sure he was calm. "She and the team would like to see you. Are you up for that?" You asked, keeping your voice calm and gentle. You would support his decision either way, though you technically couldn't keep Aunt May from coming to see him.

Peter's grip on you tightened for a moment while he considered it before he eventually nodded. "I... I can handle that," he agreed. You didn't comment on him taking your hand for support as you left his room to go see the others.

/We're on our way. Get everyone away from the elevator/ you told Loki as you led Peter to the elevators and pushed the button. You trusted that Loki would do whatever you needed in order to help you and Peter. He really had grown fond of both of the puppies.

When you stepped out of the elevator and stepped out into the common room, you saw that Loki had done what you'd asked. Everyone was in the room, but they'd given you the space you'd asked for. You nodded to Loki, acknowledging and thanking him for his help.

Stark and Aunt May both got to their feet. "Peter," Aunt May's eyes were shining, full of emotion at her nephew having finished the transition.

"Aunt May, I-" Peter started, clearly unsure what to say. You felt like he was going to apologize for being an Omega.

She gave him a warm smile. She could never be truly angry with him. "Congratulations," she told him and rushed over to hug him.

Peter relaxed into her hug. Aunt May accepted him for who he was. Even if she still didn't know that he was Spiderman. Peter remained relaxed until the rest of the team thought it was ok to come over to see him. They wanted to see him, to take in his new scent. His new Omega scent was overwhelming, especially to the Alphas in the room.

Peter moved closer to you with a soft whine, getting overwhelmed easily by all the powerful Alphas around him and moving closer.

You moved to comfort him, but before you could, someone else moved faster. You all gasped and stared in shock at what happened next. Little Wanda had run over. She wrapped her arms protectively around Peter and her magic formed a red shield around the pair of them, a bubble of protection that kept everyone out. She snarled loudly and glared at the team, despite only being a puppy, she was issuing a challenge to all the Alphas gathered.

"Stop it! You're scaring him!!" She said, all puffed up in anger and protective over the new Omega. Over her Omega. She was acting just like an Alpha whose Omega was being threatened.

Which meant only one thing:

Wanda wasn't a puppy any more.