Chapter 29

Loki kept his word to you. He saw you through the next rounds, easing the ache of the heat and sating it and you. He was beyond skilled in bed, dominate, but caring. He made sure you found your pleasure multiple times and gave the very best after care when you were too drained after to do so much as lift your own arms. He cuddled you close, fed you bits of whatever you could stomach, made sure you drank water, and urged you to rest when you could. When you couldn't sleep, he held you and told you stories, letting his cool skin soothe the fever. And when the pain and need returned, he shifted gears back to the dominate Alpha and took you again until the need was sated and the pain gone.

As the days passed, the time you could rest increased and the need lessened until you were finally able to sleep through the night. You cuddled up with Loki, using him as a pillow while he pet your hair, both of you resting after the intense week. You were actually laying on him, resting on his cold body. You could stand the feel of skin against yours. Fabric was still uncomfortable against your oversensitive skin. Your nerves all felt like they were dialed up to 11. Loki's cool skin was the only thing that helped, that soothed the heat and the oversensitivity.

"Your fever's going down," he told you as he pet your hair. His voice was smooth as always, though without the sensual heat, or at least, it wasn't sparking that desperate need in you that you'd felt over the last week. You didn't want to move from where you were laying on your cold mate.

"Good," you murmured and snuggled closer on his chest.

He chuckled and kissed your forehead "Yes, Elskling," he replied fondly. "You're adorable," he added, enjoying your peaceful morning. He stiffened and growled when there was an insistent knock on your apartment's door. You groaned and mewled and hid your face against his chest. "Perhaps if we are very quiet, they'll think we aren't home and go away," Loki joked in a whisper.

You couldn't help giggling at that. Everyone in the tower knew you were holed up in your apartment. They also knew exactly what you and Loki had been doing for the last week. So they really shouldn't have been bothering you.

Unfortunately, ignoring the knocking didn't make it go away. It just got louder.

Loki growled louder and sat up slowly, moving you into a sitting position as he did. "Elskling? Can you wait here for me?" He asked gently. He knew you were still oversensitive and couldn't stand the thought of being away from your Alpha. The bond had settled into place, but your heat wasn't quiet all the way over yet. "While I go kill whoever is bothering us?"

You giggled and managed to nod. You crawled off his lap, wincing at the feel of the blanket, no matter how soft it was, it still grated on your skin. Loki had cleaned the bed and sheets after each round, so it was perfectly clean now. You mewed softly when you weren't touching Loki anymore.

He leaned over and kissed your cheek. "I know, Elskling. I'll be back in a moment," he promised and got to his feet. He summoned a pair of soft black pants on himself. They looked to be of a material soft enough to be pajama pants. That was all the concession he was willing to give to whoever was bothering you. He didn't try to convince you to wear anything, just to hide in your bedroom while he dealt with them. He left your bedroom, closing the door most of the way as he did. He wouldn't take any chances with the person bothering you seeing you naked, despite that they couldn't see your bedroom door from the entrance or living room.

You heard Thor's loud distinctive voice in the other room and mewed softly, cuddling the pillow Loki had been laying on close to your chest, taking in your Alpha's scent. You didn't like that there was a strange Alpha at your door while you were still vulnerable.

"She's fine, Thor," Loki growled. "You've helped Omegas through heats before. As have I. You don't need to check up on her,"

"The team is worried. She's pack and this is her first heat with us," Thor reasoned in what he likely thought was a reasonable manner. "Surely it's close enough..." he meant to being over.

Loki sighed. "The team wishes to see for themself that she is well," he grumbled. He sighed again. "Very well. I will talk to her and see if she is comfortable seeing them. If she's not, I will not force her until her heat clears the rest of the way. Not even for you, brother," Loki would do almost anything for his brother or mother. But he wouldn't hurt his Omega for anything.

"Can I see her? To reassure the team-?" Thor tried, gentling his voice. He was trying to be reasonable.

Loki huffed and you could practically hear the eyeroll in his voice. "As she is completely naked and too oversensitive to be able to stand even the finest silk on her skin? No, you may not see my mate."

"You claimed her?" Thor asked, sounding more surprised than you would have expected. Everyone in the tower knew that Loki claiming you was just a matter of time. "What about father-?"

Loki's reply about what Odin could do was very crude, completely anatomically impossible, and involved a cactus.

"She's my mate. I've known it since I first caught her scent. We are free to mate who we choose or who calls to us. Mother insisted on it. Father will get over it. He doesn't give a shit about what I do anyway. You're the golden child after all," he replied, pain in his voice. Which had you on your feet and wandering out to find and soothe your Alpha. Your instincts were all on overdrive with your heat. Loki turned to you automatically when you slipped into the living room, even on silent padded feet.

Thor turned away, suddenly interested in the nearest wall and not at Loki's naked mate. Loki rushed over to you and summoned a super light robe which he helped you put on. The material was like nothing you'd ever felt before. It was softer than silk, lighter than air. And completely opaque so Thor wouldn't see an inch more of you than was proper.

"Elskling, I told you to wait for me. It's just my idiot brother. Thor, you can stop staring at the wall," Loki added when you were covered. He wrapped an arm around your shoulders and cuddled you close to him as your arms wrapped around his slim waist.

Thor turned and looked you over to make sure you were truly alright. You looked up at Loki and whined like a kicked puppy. "You were upset," you told your Alpha.

You saw the look in his eyes change from concern to proper, true understanding. In that moment, Loki finally understood what it meant to have an Omega mated to him. Someone to love and care for him unconditionally and who would care for his emotional needs, just as he would care for your safety. He leaned down to press a kiss to your forehead. "Not anymore, Elskling. Thanks to you," he said softly.