Chapter 30

You smiled up at Loki and leaned up to kiss his cheek. His skin was still the only thing that was soothing to you. You were still at the tail end of your heat. Your skin was oversensitive and still too warm. You were grateful that the robe Loki had summoned for you was so light and soft. Everything else grated against your skin, actually hurt to touch, except Loki's skin and this robe.

Loki gave you a warm smile, his gaze softening when he looked at you, as it always did. "Elskling, Thor and the team would like to see you," Loki said gently. He knew your mind wasn't entirely coherent for the last week. He wasn't sure how well you were doing now and didn't want to push you too hard. "Are you up to seeing them?" You mewed softly and gripped onto him, unsure.

"I... I can't touch them," you mewled. That was your first concession. You didn't trust yourself. You were still vulnerable. Loki would be on high alert too.

Loki pressed a kiss to your hair. "I will make sure they do not touch you," he promised. "If you're not ok with seeing them, then we will tell Thor to go away and leave us alone," he added. He was giving you the option to stay in your safe apartment with him.

You nodded. "We... we can see them," you said softly.

Loki nodded to Thor. "We'll be down in a minute," he told his brother. You saw in Loki's eyes that he could only stand Thor's presence so close to you because he was his brother. Thor was an Alpha and you were still vulnerable. He needed a minute to prepare himself to face the other Alphas on the team.

Thor nodded "I will warn the team and make sure the puppy stays back," he reassured Loki and left quickly. He knew Loki's control was frayed with the state you were in.

Loki turned to you when Thor was gone. "Elskling, we don't have to do this. The team can wait until you're well," he reminded you.

"They... they need me," you said softly. Which made Loki curse under his breath. It was the problem of you being assigned to the team. They were your pack. They were your family, your home. They needed to see that you were alright for themselves. It was your first heat with them.

"We'll go see them very briefly and get you a bite to eat," Loki said firmly. He was exerting his dominance again and you nodded meekly. You'd appease him and help your pack at the same time. He knew he couldn't convince you to wear any more clothes than the robe he had summoned on you. He summoned a shirt for himself and kept his arm around you. "Are you sure?" He asked softly. You nodded and he finally relented to leaving your apartment with you. He kept his arm around you, protective and possessive. He didn't like you being out of your safe apartment while you were vulnerable and clearly wanted to drag you back to your bedroom where you would be safe.

Instead, he did as you wished and led you down to the common room where the team was waiting. They were all sitting on the couches and comfy chairs. All except for Thor. Thor was standing between the rest of the team and the elevator. Loki gave Thor a grateful look when he realized what his brother was doing. Thor was keeping his word, helping his brother, keeping the team from overwhelming you.

Loki looked to you to see how you were doing. "Are you up to sitting on the couch, Elskling?" He asked you. You nodded and walked with him to your usual couch, which was left open for you. You heard the whines from the team. They wanted to check on you. So badly. Thor actually had to pick up Wanda around the waist and keep her from rushing over to you. She was a puppy, so it was to be expected. She whined loudly, but let Thor settle her on his lap. You curled up on the couch next to Loki, tucking yourself against his side and making sure that only the robe touched your skin.

"Meimei? Are you alright?" Nat asked as she approached. Thor and Loki both growled a warning, which she blatantly ignored. She stayed an arm's distance away, though, looking you over carefully.

You nodded. "It's just... not quite over yet," you admitted softly and snuggled closer to your mate.

Nat saw the mating mark on your neck and gave you an unsure look. "And you're happy with how things went?" There wasn't anything she could do if you weren't to break the bond. Except kill Loki of course. But you didn't want her to do that.

You nodded and beamed up at her. "I am," you were more than pleased with your mate.

She nodded and relaxed and gave you a warm smile. "Then congratulations are in order," she said warmly. "We'll have a party once you're feeling better." You were beyond glad that she had approved of your mate and you purred. Loki smiled and kissed your hair. The team could see how he doted on you, how he protected you and how protective he was while you were vulnerable.

You were all surprised when it was Tony who brought you a bowl of ice cream. It was even your favorite flavor. You hadn't realized that he'd paid that much attention, since you were mostly there for the Alphas. Though it was the whole pack who benefitted from your presence. "This should help," Tony said kindly, knowingly. For all that he hid it, he was an Omega too. He would definitely know. This wasn't your first heat, so you knew as well that anything cold helped. Then you realized that he was making the comment for Loki's benefit.

You reached up and accepted the bowl of ice cream. "Thank you," you told him, carefully not touching his skin as you accepted the bowl. You couldn't stand the thought of anyone else's scent on your skin. Which is why you were grateful that the Alphas were keeping their distance. You could scarcely stand to be in the room with Alphas who weren't your mate.

Loki stroked your hair while you ate your treat. He was just glad you were eating without a fight. By the time you were finished, though, you were overwhelmed by the number of people and clutched onto Loki. "Mate~~" you whined, drawing his attention sharply back to you as his temper spiked by the distress in your voice. "Can we go home now?" You mewled. You knew the team saw that you were overwhelmed and Tony was quickly explaining to them to keep them from fretting too much.

He gave you a gentle look and kissed your forehead. "Yes, my Omega. Let's go home," he said and stood from the couch. He lifted you in his arms, bridal style and let you bury your nose against his neck and the scent glands there. He nodded to the team and carried you back up to your apartment where you would be safe and alone with him.