four.

throughout 2016 these two artists had come and go. seventeen was a hit and was busy with promotions and projects, jirae was a miss and decided to leave the company 2 months after it was announced that the girl group she was set to debut in was no longer an ongoing project.

with this being said, junhui had felt as if a dagger had carved his heart. although the two were no longer in contact, it still would've been nice if she had told him she was leaving.

one of the major persons who had brought him up until his debut, now gone and leaving without a trace... except there was a trace.

minutes after jirae had entered the cab to make her destination to the airport, she had unconsciously texted the boy the license plate of the cab, her gate number, and the airport she was headed to. this was a habit that junhui and jirae had pulled, jirae just forgot that they were in no contact anymore so she proceeded with the habit.

junhui unfortunately was fast asleep when he received the text. he had been woken up an hour after by his bandmate who knew about the complicated relationship between the ex-trainee and the idol. he immediately dashed out the door as he pieced everything together.

when he got there the gate was closed and the plane she had taken was already in take-off. he eyed the plane in horror as he notices that he may never get to see this girl again and that he was never able to say one final goodbye.

what he didn't know, was that jirae had been watching this the entire time. as she entered her plane she kept her eyes glued to the huge windows of the airport, hoping to be able to see his face one last time. and she did, yet the pang of guilt in her chest rose as she notices the horror written in his face when the boy eyes the plane at take-off.

as the plane departed, her fixed gaze to the boy did as well. she sighs as she relaxes in her seat and shuts her eyes, awaiting for her arrival at her hometown in 2 hours.

and here jirae was yet again. almost. they were almost able to see each other one last time.