six.

march 21, 2018 was quite a sad day. although junhui was celebrating his three bandmate's unit debut he was, deep down, pained. jirae was the same. that day was the day her mother had given birth to her new younger sister. she couldn't be any happier, she was able to meet with her family again and she was able to experience the joy of another sibling once again. but deep down, the girl as well was sad. 

a few hours before all of these fortunate events had happened lied an unfortunate one. one that would forever be molded and engraved into junhui and jirae's hearts and minds. their breakup.

did they see it coming? truthfully no. but looking back it was inevitable. they were lucky the public hadn't known of this relationship, otherwise they definitely would've been forced to break up instead of dealing with this situation on their own. 

the cause of the breakup? simple. he was busy and the red string of fate had had enough of trying to hold them both together, so it cut. the two were unconsciously growing farther apart day by day. they didn't end on bad terms, absolutely not. in fact they even deemed each other as friends after that. 

if only he had checked up on her more frequently and if only she did the same. they almost made it. but the string cut. it almost held the two together. but it didn't.