17

Blaise's POV Part 3

And just like that the meeting was over. I had to get out of there. I need my answers.I walk up the stairs to my room fast ignoring all the looks from the upperclassmen. I start taking off all my clothes and head straight for the bathroom. After today I need a hot shower. And after you get answers. I turn the tap on and get in. I wash my body but I'm lost in thought.

Thinking over all the things this voice has to say. Or personality. Should I name it? I have a name. You gave it to me when you were six. So why are you just now telling me? You never asked. I'll admit I walked into that one. So what is your name? It's Blaze. That sounds like a name a child made. We were children.

Get out now. Before we become even more pruny. Yeah yeah. I get out and put on my boxers and night shorts. Sleeping shirtless tonight. Daring today are we? I feel like I'll have a nightmare after you're finished telling me everything. Cause you probably will. Can I back out now? You don't mean that. You're right I don't. I know I am.

Lay Down on your back and relax. Then I'll tell you everything. I do exactly what Blaze says. I'm nervous. What if wheat he tells me is bad like you could die bad.

When you were younger our mother would drink deadly amounts of booze. The husbands that she had only added fuel to the already blazing fire. Her husbands were abusive to her and sometimes to you. But mother would never stop them. She said it was for your own good.

When they would both be drunk off their feet they'd both hurt you. They would hurt you with a smile on their face When husband number three had just disappeared the abuse took a turn. She had beat you so ruthlessly you had to be taken to St. mungos lest you die. This is when I was created. You had no friends and were forced to keep quiet about your home life.

But I wasn't "real". You would cry throughout the night for a savior from your hell. Telling me of all your horrors. To keep you safe I would switch with you. Switch? Mhm, I'd take over. Push you back so you wouldn't have to deal with her or her husbands. She noticed the change in you. She noticed me. You were quiet and never talked back to her. But I did. I did everything you wouldn't.

After a while she noticed how different you were. Like a different person. It got worse because of me. She tried to beat me into submission. It's why you'd always have bruises you don't remember getting. I tried to save you from some of the trauma. Sounds like you did. If only for a while. You started to switch with me yourself. You did this as a coping mechanism.

I didn't mind cause that meant you were safe. Tucked away from the memory of her. Why are you back now? She hasn't been abusive. J-just cruel. I'm getting there. She didn't like me at all. Nor did the husbands. They hated me. It wasn't until number five decided it was a good idea to take us to a hospital.

The doctors monitored our behaviour when they finally figured it out. They noticed the difference between us, the way we act depending on who was currently in charge. How I was more aggressive and more brass They figured out that I am your magic. My magic? Yes I manifested into more of a conscious being in your head to protect you from the truma. Trauma? Are you even listening to me? Yes truma. However me being like this has consequences. Wait consequences? This is dangerous, could I die? Merlin I am too young to die! Not to you dimwit, to others.To protect you I would do anything. You won't die but I make no promises regarding others.

Mother thought the best way to get rid of me was more abuse. Lot a good that did for her. Taking us back to the doctor meant the doctor saw the state we were in. He asked about the abuse. Mother paid for his silence. She blames us for all the money she lost. But mother is still very rich. And beautiful. Money means more to her than anything. She'd sell her soul, if she has one, for more money.

She got a call in the middle of one of the beatings. When she answered it was the doctor saying that they found a way to get rid of me. I instantly took over. No way was she going to get rid of me and leave you alone. However I may have gone a little berserk.

 Silverware went flying at our mother's head. She just barely got out the way. So you are dangerous. Please don't be afraid. I'm a slytherin, don't confuse my curiosity with fear.

I lost control, I couldn't leave you alone with her. You were so young. How old was I? Eight. I haven't been gone long. Though I wish I never had to leave. It took about four people to contain me. They strapped me down to a table as they explained to our mother I would never fully be gone. That I could return if the abuse were to resume.

They used a spell to temporarily put me to sleep. I was still aware of my surroundings. But I couldn't move. I couldn't switch with you. Clearly she didn't stop the abuse. Then that means. Yeah. I've been switching with you. She started up again when you got your letter. I woke up as a coping mechanism. Why don't I remember? It's been a while for one and two do you really want to remember getting beat within an inch of your life. So where are all the bruises and marks?

I am more adapted to healing because of all the shit you took in the past. Maybe we should be a healer. Don't let your imagination get ahead of you. Any questions? Will I have to tell Snape about this? Do you think you should? Maybe. What about Harry? What about him? Calm down. You need to let go of all this dumb immature hatred. Why? Because it doesn't make sense. Harry is nice, he's like a cinnamon roll.

Cinnamon roll? Yes like a cinnamon roll. Sweet, soft, and savory. He's also our counterpart. Don't you think it'll be weird if one second we're hanging out and the next you're at his throat with your knife like tongue. Do not ignore me. I really like him. I know you'll like him too. So try, for me, to mend your friendship. Yeah whatever. And with that we can go to sleep.

Not yet, on a scale of 1-10 how dangerous are you, Blaze? 10 goodnight Blaise. And just like that he was gone. I shook my head and went to sleep.