53

Blaise and Blaze, having finally come to terms with the fact that their mother was kinda of right, they knew it was imperative to reach out to Harry without further delay. With a sense of urgency in their hearts, they quickly retrieved a quill and a fine piece of parchment, and settled themselves at their writing desk. Yet, as they sat there, their minds seemed frustratingly blank. It was as if the gravity of the situation had conspired to steal away the very words they needed to express themselves – leaving them somewhat helpless amidst an ocean of feelings and realizations that remained unspoken.

Dear Harry,

"Thats all I got."

"You idiot." Blaise shrugged in response. He didn't know what to say, the summer just barely started.

"Say something like its been forever since we last spoke, tell him you hope hes doing well."

"That all you got?"

"See what you not gon do is act like that. You literally only wrote 'Dear Harry.'"

"I'm just messin' with you, I have an idea of what to write now."

"Mhm, then I'll just sit back and watch."

Dear Harry,

It has been awhile since we last saw each other. I hope this letter finds you well and happy. I have missed our conversations and the laughter we shared. I haven't done much yet. Mainly just unpacked and lounged around. I'm starting on my homework soon though.

"Mmmmmm. Any ideas for what I should write next?"

"Uhhh. Um. Don't put me on the spot like that." Blaise chuckled and gave him some time to think.

"Tell him we spoke to mother about his visitation. Then...go into details bout what you have planned for his visit or something."

I have spoken with mother, we have decided that you should come visit the last week of June and the last week of July. She said she'll speak with your guardians soon. I cannot wait for your upcoming visit, I'll have a ton of exciting activities planned for us to do. While I will make it a point to minimize the time we spend reading, I believe what truly awaits us is venturing into the outdoors where nature's marvels lie waiting. I'm sure mother will let us explore the forest behind the manor or we could go to the park, there are countless things for us to do outside the manor. Of course, your preferences will be considered, and it's perfectly alright if you'd rather do something else - just let me know!

I know life can get hectic at times so I hope lifes been kind to you.

'What the heck is that last sentence? No, no get rid of it.'

"Okay. So the letter ends with 'So think of somethings we can do.' Thats a terrible end."

'I do agree. You should fix that.'

"Don't make me come in there and smack you." Blaze laughed at the empty threat.

In the meantime, I encourage you to brainstorm additional ideas and suggestions for how we can make the most of our time together during this eagerly anticipated reunion.

I wish you all the best,

Blaise.

'Perfect! Thats absolutely perfect. I really like the closing you used.'

"Thank you. I try. Should we send it via owl or muggle way?" He thanked him and stood up from the desk.

"I'm not sure. Maybe consult mother."