30

Harry's POV

"Harry?" I hum in response.

"Do you think I could come back to Hogwarts with you?" I almost spit out the water I was drinking.

"What? Dudley no. That's not how it works. You can't just ask that. Wait... is that why you're acting like this? You're not really sorry are you? You just want to go to Hogwarts!"I was standing, steadily walking closer to him.

"N-no Harry that's not it. I j-just, I was just wondering."He had his hands up in surrender style. I gave him a skeptical look. A look that Snape and Sprout gave Blaise and I when we left our dorms together. Still not sure why they gave us those looks. Maybe I'll ask them when I get back.

"Dudley, that letter I got, is the only way to get into Hogwarts. Every magical kid gets one when they turn 11." Glad I read Hogwarts: A History. He nodded and turned away from me. A single tear ran down his face. Mhm. He has no right to be there. To want to go there.

This is my getaway. My escape from him and his family. They don't get to see the fun we have at hogwarts. And it's not fair! Blaise would say the same thing. No he'd probably slap him for even thinking he had the right to ask.

"I'm sorry. I didn't-"

"You don't want me to have fun just say that. Let me say this, the thighs you do here, would not work at Hogwarts. You can barely pass school here. You wouldn't survive in the magical world!" I'll admit I went a bit far. But it needed to be said.

"I know! I know. I just thought that-"

"Thinking isn't your strong suit. Leave that to the rest of the world." Maybe I'm spending more time with Blaise than I thought. That was mean. For no reason. There was no reason for me to say that. So why did I? I let out a sigh and slid down the wall. I am now drained of all energy.

I look over at Dudley. He had his knees against his chest. I'm surprised. He was so fat I didn't think it was possible for him to get in such a tight position. But then again it looked like he was using a lot of energy to stay in the position. I couldn't stop the light chuckle that escaped me.

"I'm sorry." We looked at each other. Then we laughed. I wasn't sure what I was apologizing for. Whether it was for thinking he was fat or losing my temper. Probably both.

"I'm sorry. I wouldn't belong at Hogwart. I'm a bully and, like you said I can barely pass school here. But when I was reading that book. It just got me thinking I could do it too." Another sigh.

"Forget it. Just never ask me that again. Let's go down and see if dinner is ready."I stood up from my place on the floor and made my way to the door. I looked back to see if he had followed.

"Well come on you oaf." He scrambles to his feet and comes over. Together we walk downstairs. We stop and look toward the living room. On the couch is Aunt Tunie. Sprawled out without a care in the world. I'm pretty sure she's asleep.Maybe I'll cook for us. Just one last time. But Dudley's gonna help.

"Your mom's asleep. So I'm going to cook and you're helping." I shot him a look as we reached the bottom of the stairs. He nodded his head frantically.

Walking into the kitchen I noticed the timer for the turkey about to go off. I quickly silenced it.

"Dudley peel and mash the potatoes. Then do the gravy." I would work on the stuffing and pies. And so we set to work. Dudley asking the occasional question. It was nice. But he ruined it when he randomly said,

"Didn't mom say Dad would be back at dinner." Cue Vermin's car pulling up in the driveway. He definitely jinxed us.

"Leave the jinxing to me."I lightly joke. This elicited a small chuckle from my cousin.

"What do we do Harry?" What a good question. Do we wake up Aunt Tunie? Or do we run upstairs? NO. We do both.

"Dudley, wake up your mother. I'll make sure the food doesn't burn." He nods and runs for the living room. The potatoes and gravy were done. So was the stuffing. It was just the pies left. They still had 10 minutes on the clock. Hopefully Auntie will be able to do that.

I ran into the living room just on time. Tunie was rubbing the sleep from her eyes. I was about to speak when the door handle moved. I ran for the stairs. I frantically waved Dudley over. He ran as fast as his fat body would let him, almost falling halfway over.

When the door was pushed open we trucked it up the stairs. The only thing Aunt Petunia saw was two eleven year olds racing up the stairs, fumbling over themselves.

As soon as we were out of view we ran into his room and slammed the door behind us. Letting out a collective sigh of relief.

"Don't forget to lock the door. I know he heard that. We slammed that door a bit hard." I nod and lock the door. The things fear will do to you.

"Did you tell Tunie the food was still cooking?" He nods and sits on the bed. I sit on the bean bag near the desk.

"So what should we do now?" I shrug.

"Guess we just wait till she comes to get us or brings us plates." He nods and lays down on the bed facing the ceiling. We both sigh. Now that we're both calm, or as calm as we can be in this house, we realized just how bored we were. What could we do in this room? There wasn't much despite what Dudley said all these years.

But looking back now, I guess he just did it because I was nothing compared to him.

About 30 minutes passed when we heard Tunies soft knocks on the door. I unlocked the door and she handed me two plates. I was about to close the door when she asked to come in.

"What is it mom?" Dudley and I both sat on the floor. There was no need to make a mess of bed.

"It's about your father." I rolled my eyes. I heard a scoff like laugh come from Tunie. She sighed before continuing.

"He won't be coming back-" I couldn't help but celebrate. I jumped and whooped and hollered around the room.

"Let me finish," She said in an inpatient tone. I sat back down and continued eating,

"He won't be coming back for the rest of the break. So we can all relax." We? She included herself. So she's been high strung around him as well. She doesn't like him either. Well she might, she did marry him after all.

"Now you can celebrate Harry." The look on her face was so forlorn. I felt almost guilty for being so excited. But I have every right to celebrate. The man ahem pardon whale, kept me in a cupboard, barely fed me and never loved me, So yes I will celebrate. No need to tell me.

So I hopped up and went back to whooping and jumping. I think I let out a few tarzan screams as well. I looked back at Dudley thinking he would join me. But he didn't look all that excited. He should be as excited as me. We both had to put up with Vermin. Me more than him but still. I don't understand.

I took a deep breath and sat back in the bean bag.I slumped even more when I looked back at them. They looked pitiful. And laughable. Aunt Tunie cares so much for her image. She is probably thinking about that. Cause it seems like that image is crashing down at extreme speeds.

"Harry, dear are you alright?"

"Yes?" I raised an eyebrow in confusion. I couldn't be better. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"It's nothing. You were just laughing."

"Mom, it was more of a cackle than a laugh." I must have zoned out. Thats more Blaise's thing than mine. This time I laughed. But I felt the laugh. Like when I was with Blaise.

I smiled at them.