29

Blaise's POV

I can't take this anymore! Calm down. What are you so worked up about anyway? Isn't it obvious?! The tense silence that hung in the air whenever we were around mother. Imagine me rolling my eyes right now. This is serious Blaze.

I'm freaking out. I keep noticing the smallest things she does now. The small things that tick her off. The way she taps her fingers when she gets annoyed. How her brows furrow as she studies you. And we've barely been home 24 hours! Now that I know everything I can't sit still around her. You could barely sit still before. That's true but its even worse now.

You'll be fine Blaise. Plus I'm here to help you now. No! We can't risk her finding out.That'd be bad. Then I suggest I teach you a trick later. Is it how to create? Yes. You mentioned that some weeks ago. You said I used to be able to do it. What is it exactly? Later Blaise. Fine.

"Blaise! We have been waiting for you at the table for ten minutes."

"Sorry mother. I was just thinking about school." She gave me a weird look. Probably because you gave her an excuse for no reason. I was nervous. Mhm.

"Come along. We shan't leave Sean waiting long." Is that this one's name? So boring. Yes quite. But he's just as bad as his predecessors. Mhm.

"Now that Blaise is here we can finally eat." We ate in complete silence. There was light conversation scattered throughout the meal. None was directed our way though. And we're fine with that. I honestly just want to get back to Hogwarts. Where I can have sleepovers with Harry again. Wow you've gotten quite attached to him. Maybe. Wow. Didn't expect you to reply.

"Blaise. Honey, how has school been? Have you learned any powerful spells?" I just barely registered her voice.

"It's been good. The most helpful so far is the Body binding curse. But it's easy to get out of. The other spells are just simple kiddie hexes." That wasn't bad. Don't jinx it she hasn't responded yet.

"Can you cast it for me, son?" Can you? If I can't, can you? Yes. I think so.

"I would if I could mother.." She frowned. Why would she even ask you such a question? Surely she knows it's not legal to perform magic outside of school.

"Show me that you are capable of doing such things. Otherwise you lie." I can't believe what I'm hearing. Neither can I. Let me handle this Blaise. Don't make it obvious. What do you take me for? A fool? Mhm.

"Mother I can not. I do not wish to be expelled from school. Surely, you don't want that." I don't talk like that you idiot! You sound way too formal. Shut up and watch.

"Mhm. Yes I suppose you are right. I apologize for my outburst." I felt my head dip in a nod. I can't believe my ears. Blaze did you know? Always be formal. Only be informal when she gives you permission. Like just now when she asked how school was going. Mhm. Thats stupid. So is her abuse.Very true my dear personality. Though I don't remember any of it.

"On another note, do you have any friends?" Answer carefully. How am I supposed to answer that carefully?!

"Um, I'm friends with most of Slytherin. And, uh, some Hufflepuffs too." You stuttered twice. Dear god help us if she loses it. I reach for the glass of water in front of me.

"So sorry about that mother. My throat was incredibly dry." Boom! I just saved our behinds. Yeah after you put them in danger. Don't laugh out loud. That would give us away for real.