31

Blaise's POV

Bold and Italics is Blaze narrating/talking/thinking

Can't say I'm gonna miss being home. I like Hogwarts more. Not just because I can practice magic but because I can get away from her and her husband again. Not to mention seeing Harry. We barely got to say goodbye. You guys said goodbye. Yeah but he left so abruptly. We're the last ones who get to call anyone abrupt. I roll my eyes.

Let's hurry and get downstairs. I think I'm more restless now than when we first got here. You were just anxious. And can't say I blamed you. I'm still anxious. Mom kept having random outbursts. And don't think I didn't notice the times she almost slapped us. Wait, you knew? Yes. Thanks for trying to protect me though. I could just barely see what was going on. It's even more terrifying seeing it then hearing about it.

What terrifying is seeing you take all of this so well. Yeah, it is weird isn't it. I never really thought about it. We continue to talk as I walk downstairs. Mother was currently off doing something so her husband had to take us to the platform. It's not like she has a job to work at. She could have at least seen us off. Yeah. She gets all her money from killing these dudes. Not like they don't deserve it but still.

"Ready to go back to school?" We look up at the man. Our face is void of all emotion. Instead of wasting energy and time talking to the man we walked out the door. Not even looking back to see if he was following. By the time the man came out we were already in the car.

"Are you ready for school?" He looked at us in the rear view mirror. Blaze and I cracked a smile this time. Only because it sounded as if he was trying to intimidate us. I turned away from his eyes and stared out the window. There was no point in answering. What does he want me to say? That I'll miss him and mommy dearest so much my heart might burst on the first night back. Unknowingly a scowl took over my features.

I heard him silently scoff. He probably thinks I'm a brat because of my behavior. You are a brat. But only I am allowed to call you that. And Snape because that man dislikes everything and everyone. A smile overtook the scowl. Memories of Hogwarts rushing back. It was only a few days away but it felt like an eternity. I really did miss him. Awwww you like him. I figured since we had a long car ride I'd make the room, that way I could see Blaze.

Blaze sat on the armchair in front of a barren fireplace. It was never lit no matter how hard we tried. I shot him a confused look as I sat across from him.

Of course I like him. Why wouldn't I?

Blaise you hated Harry. For the most petty of reasons. Never forget that.

I didn't plan on it. I will always be sorry for that.

It was clear he didn't understand what I meant. Cute. He'll get it someday though. And maybe he just likes Harry as a friend. I'd be fine with that too. But what would more than friends look like? Especially between two boys. I wonder what Harry would say?

Wait. I think I remember someone saying they didn't think they'd date someone then started dating. Was it Flint? Or was it someone in a whole different house. Could that be us? Maybe but what would Harry think about this?

Would he think us mad? Weird, unnatural? No way. He would never. He's too kind. And we could never do any wrong in his eyes.

Blaze? Blaze!

What?! What's wrong?!

Dude you zoned out. What were you thinking about?

Nothing important. Just tired and ready to see Harry.